Pickling Cucumbers

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody seen pickling cucumbers for sale in the Bismarck area? We have a few ready to pick, but no where near enough to make a full batch. I'd like to buy some to get the first batch started before our other ones are ready.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I noticed a farmer's market being advertised in Bismarck just yesterday (not sure what day the actual market is to be held). Either way, it's that time of year for the standard produce at the farmer's markets. I think Wed and Sat are the traditional days in Bismarck. Places like Mac's parking lot, etc.

This should help:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.bismarckfarmersmarket.org/[/FONT]

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I broke open a jar of asparagus that I canned in June. Turned out really good. Spicy hot.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love homaid pickles,haven't mastered it myself but purchase store bought called "TRU" pickles kosher style old school with lots of garlic cloves,red chile peppers,grape leaves and fresh dill and more for flavor,nice mild bite,great sliced in bloody maries.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've declared our garden an official "Combat Zone" with the entire thing being a free fire area. DAMN RABBITS!!!!!!!! So I may be a "Farmers Market" patron before long as well.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha - rabbits and ground hogs get zero mercy at our house

the little red squirrels as well

you're lucky to be able to use real weaponry as opposed to pellets

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The damn things stripped the bark off 3 of my apple trees this past winter as well so my hatred for these vermin went from a dull roar to FULL VOLCANIC ERUPTION!!!!!! The snow was so deep in the yard the bastards waltzed right through the hog fence like they were dancing with the stars.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no mercy for rabbits around my house, as soon as I spot one, I watch for it till I have an opportunity to give it some lead. Also in the winter its really easy to find trails and snare them with a little practice, especially if you can find where they are going under a fence or something like that, where they have to go through a confined area...

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The damn things stripped the bark off 3 of my apple trees this past winter as well so my hatred for these vermin went from a dull roar to FULL VOLCANIC ERUPTION!!!!!! The snow was so deep in the yard the bastards waltzed right through the hog fence like they were dancing with the stars.
A17 dialed dead on at 100 did in 16 of those saber toothed vermin this winter and I never left the house.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cleared out half a dozen with the old BSA martini.

- - - Updated - - -

14884.jpg

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
fj, never herd of these ole smokey pickles,i see them at my local liquor store next to bloody mary fixins,how would you rate them 1 thru 10? 10 being the best of course,any heat?,garlic?

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sorry snow, I haven't tried them yet. That pic belonged to my son and he hasn't said anything about them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74