Minn-Kota Remote Control

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The rubber cover on my I-pilot remote is in bad order. You can flip the button cover and see the circuit board inside. Are replacement covers available and where from? Amazon has newer design remotes for under $150. Anyone tried them? Lots of good and bad reviews. Seems like the negative reviews always say they worked for 3 hours or 6 months and then shit the bed. Not good vibes relative to Minn-Kota customer service either. What do you suggest guys?

Snapper

Just for your information, my remote did the same thing. I called Minn-Kota and they sent me a new cover, free of charge. Minn-Kota customer service is very helpful most of the time. Good luck with your new remote.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ordered it on Monday and got it Wenesday. Seems to work like a charm after I "educated" it! Thanks again Sweeney. BTW Snapper, I asked about a new cover for my old remote and was told that it and parts have been discontinued. I will keep it for emergencies but not comfortable using it in the rain due to the bad order of the rubber cover. Thanks guys!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ordered it on Monday and got it Wenesday. Seems to work like a charm after I "educated" it! Thanks again Sweeney. BTW Snapper, I asked about a new cover for my old remote and was told that it and parts have been discontinued. I will keep it for emergencies but not comfortable using it in the rain due to the bad order of the rubber cover. Thanks guys!

Can you use some sort of adhesive or would that preclude battery replacement?

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_3014.jpg

Mice got after mine on year. I called Minn-Kota and they sent me a new cover.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yours is probably a newer model than mine...2011. They don't look the same.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76