Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Premium Member
    dukgnfsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Bismarck
    Posts
    255
    NDA Points
    24,987
    NDA Level
    69
    Report Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 764

    Home secuirty systems

    Does anyone on here have or know anything about Vivint home security systems. Any recommendations for any other fair priced home security systems. Thinking about pulling the trigger on a home security system just not sure which ones to consider. dukgnfsn

    1 Not allowed!

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    194
    NDA Points
    3,489
    NDA Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 0
    Another thread on this on page 6, may be of some help.

    1 Not allowed!

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Bronze Member
    220swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NW North Dakota
    Posts
    26
    NDA Points
    3,577
    NDA Level
    25
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 18
    The wife got Vivint hooked up a about 5 years ago. We have had no trouble with it so far. I like having the app on my phone. I can see our cameras, lock/unlock doors and adjust the temp from my cell phone. We will shut the AC of when we will be gone for a few days and the morning we are coming home she will turn the AC back on so its cooled of when we get home. The only complaint that I have is the deadbolt locks seem to go through batteries

    1 Not allowed!

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    604
    NDA Points
    21,855
    NDA Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 361
    put in ring flood lights and nice clear video. cost about 200-250 for the unit and put in place of the light between garage doors. another 30 per year for them to keep videos. db-2

    1 Not allowed!

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Silver Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    68
    NDA Points
    3,888
    NDA Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 94
    Have TS Security at my place. Under $30 a month. Basically will build your security package depending on what you want to do and how much u want to spend (window breaks, motion sensor, door sensor, cameras, wifi outlets, etc.) all controlled from an app. Been very happy with it so far.

    2 Not allowed!

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Ultimate VIP Member
    brokenbackjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Central, AZ
    Posts
    1,609
    NDA Points
    11,591
    NDA Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,417
    Given: 6,186
    We have had TS Security from Mandan for about 3-4 years now i think. Terry is a super guy and if something were to shut down or if there is a problem when you are gone he will come over to fix it even if you aren't home if you ask him to. We are putting his security system in our new house too.
    His system you have to buy the system up front then pay the $28.00 a month some places you make payments or rent their system plus pay a monthly charge.
    Also he is local if and when you have a problem. You can call, text, or email him and he lives in Mandan! He installs units all over ND and possibly other States as well.

    1 Not allowed!
    God, Family, Country, Green Bay Packers!

    Johnny 7


  7. Back To Top    #7
    Ultimate VIP Member
    eyexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    williston
    Posts
    3,400
    NDA Points
    22,527
    NDA Level
    65
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,413
    Given: 2,213
    I've had vivint for five years. Love it. Wouldn't be without it living out here in the Williston area. I got a chuckle out of a buddy of mine. He had ADT for years. Switched to vivint. He unplugged the ADT crap and threw it in a box and ADT didn't even know lol. He quit paying the invoice and they never said anything. After a few months he called them and asked if they were coming to get their stuff lol. They had no idea his system wasn't even hooked up any longer.

    1 Not allowed!

  8. Back To Top    #8
    Bronze Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    29
    NDA Points
    2,926
    NDA Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 129
    I have had extremely poor luck with Vivant. Crap install so the deadbolts don't always seat, poor customer service- waiting patiently for my contract to expire. Worst investment I have made by far.

    2 Not allowed!

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    604
    NDA Points
    21,855
    NDA Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 361
    My ring does not do all that stuff but it takes great video and as far as I know it works fine and all the time. Well worth the 200 plus dollars for peace of mine when we are away. Pay for what you get. db-2

    2 Not allowed!

  10. Back To Top    #10
    Ultimate VIP Member
    eyexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    williston
    Posts
    3,400
    NDA Points
    22,527
    NDA Level
    65
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,413
    Given: 2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    I have had extremely poor luck with Vivant. Crap install so the deadbolts don't always seat, poor customer service- waiting patiently for my contract to expire. Worst investment I have made by far.
    We had problems with our front door dead bolt too. It's not the install it has an issue internally with it. I messed around with it quite a bit and there is no fixing it. We just haven't called to get it swapped out. We never use the front door so it's locked all the time anyway. But it's a pain in the ass nonetheless. That has been the only issue we have had. I had forgotten about it even.

    I am going to install a drive way sensor. We have people drive way up in the yard and turn around in the middle of the night. I think for the most part it's people getting taxi rides home from the bar and they get lost. The dog keeps thinking it's someone bringing her a midnight snack.

    1 Not allowed!

  11. Back To Top    #11
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Bismarck
    Posts
    7
    NDA Points
    2,515
    NDA Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2
    If you just want camera's etc and not actual monitoring service. Save your self the monthly fees and look at https://blinkforhome.com . Easy to install each camera takes a set of double A batteries - NO WIRES and best of all no monthly fees. Little bit of smarts and you can hook your phone up with an location app Life360 and a https://ifttt.com/ setup you can have the arm when you leave and disarm with the first phone that comes home.


    I am one that would rather pay up front rather than pay monthly forever.

    2 Not allowed!

  12. Back To Top    #12
    Silver Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    87
    NDA Points
    4,011
    NDA Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 216
    Quote Originally Posted by eyexer View Post
    We had problems with our front door dead bolt too. It's not the install it has an issue internally with it. I messed around with it quite a bit and there is no fixing it. We just haven't called to get it swapped out. We never use the front door so it's locked all the time anyway. But it's a pain in the ass nonetheless. That has been the only issue we have had. I had forgotten about it even.

    I am going to install a drive way sensor. We have people drive way up in the yard and turn around in the middle of the night. I think for the most part it's people getting taxi rides home from the bar and they get lost. The dog keeps thinking it's someone bringing her a midnight snack.

    Have you done any research on drive way sensors yet? I have thought about getting a couple of them for awhile now.

    2 Not allowed!

  13. Back To Top    #13
    Ultimate VIP Member
    eyexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    williston
    Posts
    3,400
    NDA Points
    22,527
    NDA Level
    65
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,413
    Given: 2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by wstnodak View Post
    Have you done any research on drive way sensors yet? I have thought about getting a couple of them for awhile now.
    I just did a google search on highest rated ones. They are cheap as hell actually. Under $100. The top one is good for up to half a mile. Gonna get one.

    This one: https://www.amazon.com/Hosmart-Recha...7E5OLQ67NVPFZA

    4 Not allowed!

  14. Back To Top    #14
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    110
    NDA Points
    7,636
    NDA Level
    37
    Report Entries
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 92
    Classifieds
    1
    I am not sure if there are different levels of vivint but in my experience working on peoples homes they aren't that great. I don't remember any of them having cameras though. Got a call from one of my clients one day asking if I was going to be there that day, I had already been there for 3 hrs. I had the front door open the patio door and 2 windows and he said nothing was showing on his app. With some fiddling around he got a couple of them to work consistently but canceled as soon as he could and installed his own system he bought off amazon and said it's way better and no monthly payment. What I heard awhile back was that Brinks had such a bad reputation for crappy product that they had to change their name... and vivint was what they went with.

    2 Not allowed!
    HuntFishPlan on Instagram, Snapchat, and .com

  15. Back To Top    #15
    Ultimate VIP Member
    eyexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    williston
    Posts
    3,400
    NDA Points
    22,527
    NDA Level
    65
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,413
    Given: 2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Apres View Post
    I am not sure if there are different levels of vivint but in my experience working on peoples homes they aren't that great. I don't remember any of them having cameras though. Got a call from one of my clients one day asking if I was going to be there that day, I had already been there for 3 hrs. I had the front door open the patio door and 2 windows and he said nothing was showing on his app. With some fiddling around he got a couple of them to work consistently but canceled as soon as he could and installed his own system he bought off amazon and said it's way better and no monthly payment. What I heard awhile back was that Brinks had such a bad reputation for crappy product that they had to change their name... and vivint was what they went with.
    we were supposed to get the cameras with ours but we weren't ready to install them at the time the system was put in. We haven't felt the need for them so we just haven't had them come install em.

    1 Not allowed!

  16. Back To Top    #16
    Ultimate VIP Member
    guywhofishes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Little Minneapolis, ND
    Posts
    8,423
    NDA Points
    192,307
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,139
    Given: 10,769
    Classifieds
    1
    seems like the deer would drive a guy bonkers with a driveway alert

    1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by guywhofishes; 06-13-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    True freedom is not the ability to do whatever one wants or as one pleases without restraint, rather, true freedom is the ability to do what one ought to do.

  17. Back To Top    #17
    Ultimate VIP Member
    DirtyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    5,412
    NDA Points
    461,538
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,500
    Given: 7,633
    Classifieds
    1
    Name:  43579653-0218-4A28-B1AB-5443C7E1887C.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  23.7 KB
    My security system

    2 Not allowed!
    <img src=http://nodakangler.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=229&dateline=1429714759 border=0 alt= />
    NPAA #939

  18. Back To Top    #18
    Premium Member
    Nanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    293
    NDA Points
    37,275
    NDA Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 426
    Given: 1,007
    357 revolver for me

    1 Not allowed!

  19. Back To Top    #19
    Premium Member
    Sluggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Bismarck
    Posts
    594
    NDA Points
    65,596
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    12
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 981
    Given: 1,295
    Classifieds
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMike View Post
    Name:  43579653-0218-4A28-B1AB-5443C7E1887C.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  23.7 KB
    My security system
    Looks pretty solid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanky View Post
    357 revolver for me
    What happens if there are more than 6 bad guys?

    1 Not allowed!

  20. Back To Top    #20
    Premium Member
    Nanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    293
    NDA Points
    37,275
    NDA Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 426
    Given: 1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    What happens if there are more than 6 bad guys?
    Mine holds 7 rounds, so no problem.

    2 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About Nodak Angler

    NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter