Frog Invasion

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anybody else noticed the shit ton of frogs around this year?
At first I thought it was cool, but now they have become a damn big nuisance. I probably have a thousand of them around my house. They have tunneled into any crack or crevice in my driveway and surrounding landscaping. Along the house. Under the driveway. Tunnels in the flower beds. I just got done swatting and stomping for an hour and didn't make a dent. Those sons a bitches are pretty tough too. My yard cats don't seem to clean em up either so I'm sure it will smell wonderful around here tomorrow. Frog guts squirted all over hell...I have never seen anything like this. What the hell is a guy to do?

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mow the lawn and spray cypermethrin to get rid of the insects (their food source). I mow short and often because bugs are good for nothing.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep an eye out for plagues of locusts and the flaming hail. They say history repeats itself. Should the disease and boils deal show up, I'm packing so if the angel of death arrives I won't be home to answer the door.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, they are toads.

And I have sprayed part of my yard for bugs prior to their arrival. What i need is a chem labeled for toads.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Front steps with a bb gun and hone your shooting skills.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stop living so close to all that icky nature. Or pave your entire property

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here I am trying to save all the little buggers cause they are my friends and here you are stomping their guts all over hell. Not neat...

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where do you live? I live near Bismark and haven't seen a frog or a toad for years.

i live S. of Bismarck by the game management area and we have had an abundance of toads this year along with a few frogs. This is the worst it has been in the 10 yrs I have lived here. If you miss seeing them you can come down and take all you want. I have a couple big toads that like to jump into the detached garage every time I open the door.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy of mine who farms in the SE part of the State was combining the other day, field has a low area in it and when he as cutting that area.... the frog/toad and snake guts kept plugging the concaves. Crazy.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cats leave em alone because they're poisonous.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know you have toads, but frogs are out in full force too! I haven't been able to catch anything to speak of for cat fishing the last few years in ND but this year is a whole different story. Find a ditch with water and bring a net and bucket!!!

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always have a ton of toads but this year has been a Mecca for frogs too. Lots in the garden which is good for hopefully eating all the grasshoppers

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
toads are awesome

There’s at least 1 toad species and 2 frog species invading my yard. It’s extra neat.

The kids’ chore is to clear those critters out of the window wells daily. I considered covering the window wells but then what the hell was the point of having kids?! Only childless suckers pay for window well covers, snow blowers, car washes, and roofers.

- - - Updated - - -

Here I am trying to save all the little buggers cause they are my friends and here you are stomping their guts all over hell. Not neat...

Ha ha ha! I mowed the lawn tonight and stopped several times to help frogs out of my path. Neighbors must think I’m friggin looney tunes. Fine, let ‘em. My amphibious friends will keep me company. And my cats. My many, many cats.

rodcontrol

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chorus frogs, leopard frogs, and great plains toads. Ya chill out dude are they really harming anything? I kill on the regular but find no need to kill frogs or toads for no reason.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we lived on the farm and had wet years we too would have lots of toads, salamanders, and garter snakes. When i mowed i would stop and let them get out of the way of the mower but when my bride mowed all you would hear is the sounds of the toads/snakes/salamanders being hit and chewed up by the mower blades. When i asked her if she hit anything she said she didn't see them until it was too late. Heck she would turn the mower 5 feet to run them through the mower. We had a 5 foot wide front mount mower so the mowing trail was pretty obvious when she was done.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75