onx map ?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
looking at on x map chips. do you install it on your phone or a hand held gps? anybody use a android with on x?

m77hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can either buy the chip to use with a handheld gps or download the app on your phone. I use the phone app on an iPhone , but I know others who use it on Android. I won’t hunt away from home without it.

DareDevilDave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have it on my Android phone and it is a very helpful app which shows plots, private land,wildlife mgnt, etc. I like how it tells you who owns what and how much and where. The only thing I wish it showed was an address so I can ask land owners for permission.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have it on my Android phone and it is a very helpful app which shows plots, private land,wildlife mgnt, etc. I like how it tells you who owns what and how much and where. The only thing I wish it showed was an address so I can ask land owners for permission.
It does show address . Atleast mine does . I have the premium maps for all the western states including ND . I save offline maps so they work even when I have no cell coverage cuz I saved them to my phone . It’s awesome . Got a great buck in Montana couple years ago on some blm in a no coverage area cuz I was smart enough to create an offline map of the area . Saw the buck , saw that I was on Blm and made a stalk and sealed the deal . I also bought the chip for my garmin nuvi gps so when I’m in pickup I can see where I am

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I absolutely love OnX maps. One thing I would recommend is if your not gonna spend the money to get all of the states, download the camofire app to your phone or go to camofire.com and watch the sale items on there. Seems like at least a couple times a week they have the yearly subscriptions for sale on camofire for about $17.99... It's only $12 savings, but every little bit helps...

DareDevilDave

Founding Member
Founding Member
It does show address . Atleast mine does . I have the premium maps for all the western states including ND . I save offline maps so they work even when I have no cell coverage cuz I saved them to my phone . It’s awesome . Got a great buck in Montana couple years ago on some blm in a no coverage area cuz I was smart enough to create an offline map of the area . Saw the buck , saw that I was on Blm and made a stalk and sealed the deal . I also bought the chip for my garmin nuvi gps so when I’m in pickup I can see where I am

Does yours show the physical address? On mine it only shows the tax city address.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How dose it come pair with North Dakota trax chip?
Same thing basically. Except you can have on x on your phone. I download off line maps where I hunt so I can use my phone in the field where there is no service. As long my phone doesn’t get cold and shuts down it works great as a GPS.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep Onx is awesome on phone, cant imagine hunting unfamiliar territory without it anymore. The only downfall, spots that used to be somewhat hidden and secret are no longer. I had a couple good hidden areas of plots that saw little attention until about 5 years ago, now they get pounded.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
just a heads up for anyone looking to get a subscription, camofire has yearly subscriptions on their list today.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
FYI

u can email camofire whenever you want to order things that they have. Even if it’s not currently on the site.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75