Anyone power wash their sidewalk?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have extra time to power wash your sidewalk you need to get a fucking life.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reminds me of the guys that mow 3 times a week or snow blow their driveway 4 times per storm. I just assume these dudes hate their wife/kids and look for any excuse to be outside.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
After I get done doing 16372927478374723 things I get to power washing my side walk

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have often wondered about the cracks in the driveway (frost grooves and nature's power), should they be kept clean. Sometimes I vacuum them, some times I hose them out.

KiYi

Founding Member
Founding Member
I powerwash my driveway/garage apron and patio once a year in the spring. I have a life, it doesn't take long and since building my house in 2013, my driveway and patio look new. Instead of watching some crap on the TV, I enjoy being outside and keeping things kept up.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sidewalks on the north side of the house get a green mold on them. I power wash mine.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't watch vid but spray down and let set for a few minutes with either Super Clean or Purple Power and give'r hell with pressure washer,( Driveway that is ). Doesn't take long.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
you should check out the vid, spinning attachment looks kinda slick...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bang my wife still too after 20 yrs. guess I don’t understand the “don’t have time for it” comments. Clean yards, driveways, and free time are like fat chicks and cheese.
I don’t have time for dat.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have often wondered about the cracks in the driveway (frost grooves and nature's power), should they be kept clean. Sometimes I vacuum them, some times I hose them out.

Are you talking the saw cuts in the concrete on the drive way? Those are to have the concrete crack vs it just cracking all over. Dirt not and issue water could be a problem but generally not.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you remove mold and mildew from composite decking? Is there a product that you can pre-soak and then pressure wash? I used Soft Scrub and a stiff brush while on my hands and knees once but that's a PITA (also knees).

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you talking the saw cuts in the concrete on the drive way? Those are to have the concrete crack vs it just cracking all over. Dirt not and issue water could be a problem but generally not.

yeah, for the most part... If I am vacuuming out a vehicle an see and ant, I go into killer mode and vacuum up them sum bitches ... which leads to vacuuming the saw cuts and the mother nature provided cracks.

Also if I grab the hose to wash the feline night kill into the bushes I tend to wash out the cracks. In my mind it is not a big deal in the summer but I suppose water in there when temps are low would not be advised.

I was just wondering if anyone makes an effort to keep the saw cuts clean to let them work properly.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you remove mold and mildew from composite decking? Is there a product that you can pre-soak and then pressure wash? I used Soft Scrub and a stiff brush while on my hands and knees once but that's a PITA (also knees).
I would try the super clean, then pressure wash like KW suggested.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah, for the most part... If I am vacuuming out a vehicle an see and ant, I go into killer mode and vacuum up them sum bitches ... which leads to vacuuming the saw cuts and the mother nature provided cracks.

Also if I grab the hose to wash the feline night kill into the bushes I tend to wash out the cracks. In my mind it is not a big deal in the summer but I suppose water in there when temps are low would not be advised.

I was just wondering if anyone makes an effort to keep the saw cuts clean to let them work properly.

The construction and control joints should be caulked to minimize the amount of water that gets under your slab which helps minimize heaving during the winter months.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
And...I strongly recommend sealing your concrete around here. Concrete is not waterproof and the aggregate used in ND has a LOT of shale in it. That means water soaks into the shale. The problem with that is shale and concrete have vastly different pore space. This is why you see spalling (flaking off of concrete). If you seal it against moisture, it looks kinda funny but will certainly minimize the spalling.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
And...I strongly recommend sealing your concrete around here. Concrete is not waterproof and the aggregate used in ND has a LOT of shale in it. That means water soaks into the shale. The problem with that is shale and concrete have vastly different pore space. This is why you see spalling (flaking off of concrete). If you seal it against moisture, it looks kinda funny but will certainly minimize the spalling.

Concrete is usually Portland Cement concrete and is a fine and coarse aggregate bonded together with a cement paste that hardens over time. Where I grew up in north central ND (Bottineau County) all aggregate is bank run ... in other words it is sand and gravel dug out of a "gravel pit", and run thru screens to segregate the material into different sizes as opposed to quarry run rock that has been blasted out of the side of a mountain and run thru a crusher. Maybe in western ND bank run gravel is not available, I have no experience there. I have never seen a quarry/crusher in ND. I would assume that shale would have to be run thru a crusher.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If I power washed my sidewalk and drive way I would't have any grass or gravel left.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75