Youth Season

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
With youth season around the corner I am getting excited to get my daughter out to see what we can find. With that said, I know I cannot carry a weapon during youth season. However, if she does not fill her tag and hunts regular season with the rest of us can I carry my gun? It seems silly that we would both have tags in our pockets but since she has a youth tag I wouldn't be able to carry and shoot my deer.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes you can in regular deer gun season as long as you have a valid tag

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you have a deer license and she is eligible to hunt during the regular season, then yes you can carry a gun. Keep in mind the 11, 12, and 13 year old antlerless licenses are only good for the youth season and are not valid during the regular deer gun season in November. The 14 & 15 year old youth tag is good for both youth and normal deer gun seasons. At least this is my interpretation of the proclamation.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
SLE is correct, at least on the 11-13 yr old's tags. I'll figure out the 14 yr old rules next year.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is the 14 year old tag so if it's a no go in a couple weeks we have regular season. She was successful in filling her tag the last two years, doe's are a little easier than bucks. It has introduced a whole new style of hunting. I have always done the walking/spot and stalk. With her we've been sitting in stands/blinds. I have come to enjoy that kind of hunting and find it more relaxing than walking, although I still love putting miles on the boots. Pretty excited to see what comes around and how she handles buck hunting vs. doe hunting. A little buck fever has never hurt anyone.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55