Pheasant Recipes?

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking for what you all consider you favorite pheasant recipes. Looking to clear the last few out of the freezer! Thanks! :;:help:;:cheers

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pheasant stroganoff-super easy

Into slow cooker:
cut into cubes/strips (usually I use 6 breasts)
1/4-1/2 cup chopped onion
1 package mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom
salt & pepper

Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add 1/2 cup of sour cream 30 minutes before eating. Eat over egg noodles.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pheasant Fingers is what I call this. Cut breast into strips lengthwise, about 5 per side, soak in egg and milk wash for an hour, put in ziplock bag with shore lunch breading and little extra onion and garlic powder and shake shake. Heat olive oil in skillet to 350 and fry for 3 min. drain on paper towel and enjoy. Little ranch dressing for dipping sauce is great.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not good for you, but good. Cook bacon in a pan and remove. Cook onion and mushrooms in bacon grease until soft, add a lot of garlic and cook just a minute more. Add heavy cream and keep adding shredded real Parmesan cheese until sauce is thick to your liking. Add back in crumbled bacon. Serve over linguine noodles and put pheasant cooked on the grill with blackened seasoning on top (sliced after cooking).

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
First shoot a young Pheasant...one barely coloring is best. Debone breast and take the thighs. Roll in flour, fry in good nonstick pan in some oil and your favorite seasoning.....Enjoy...Be sure to seperate poultry tenderloin and fry it seperately

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was my dads favorite, roll the pheasant meat in flour and fry until brown, put in dutch oven and bake for awhile, then fill the dutch oven up with whole cream, cook until it makes a gravy then put baking powder biscuits on top and cook until good and brown, all they used for seasoning was salt and pepper

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmmmm, I have some vacuum-sealed and now they may have to come out and hit up a couple of these recipes, guys! I always want a new way to prepare my birds. I have two or three and feel like I'm repeating the menu so I eat them less often. This will really help. Danke!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I canned my thighs from last year about march. Great stuff and very versatile for any recipe that requires anything resembling chicken.

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
Pheasant chili, find a chicken chili recipe and substitute pheasant. I lightly season the pheasant when I brown it, and Add a bag of Monterey Jack cheese Just before serving.

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
My favorite way to cook pheasant,

Mix flour, salt, and pepper.
Let whole boneless breasts soak in an egg for a bit and then roll in the flower.
Pan fry in a hot skillet just until they are brown then remove.
Mix a can of cream of mushroom with a splash of milk and some onion powder to make a gravy.
Slice one red onion and layer the bottom of a pan with it.
Lay breasts on top of the onion and cover with the gravy, bake for 45 minutes at 300 degrees and enjoy.

Last edited:

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
My favorite is the pate recipe below, I smoke the pheasant breasts rather than brown in a pan though.
1 lb. cubed pheasant breast and thigh meat
2 tablespoons butter for browning the pheasant
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons grated red onion (or diced very fine)
1 teaspoon Frank’s Red Hot sauce
½ to 1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground mustard
¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
Cook pheasant then mix everything in a food processor and blend until smooth, chill and eat on garlic toast or crackers.

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
Soak in a simple brine for a couple days on the breast bone. Then smoke. Eat them with cheese and crackers .

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pheasant and dumplings. Take pheasant breasts (4-6) and place in bottom of crockpot. Add 1 can chicken broth and 2 cans of cream of chicken. Add seasonings of choice. I use tatonka dust and black pepper. Cut up carrots, potatoes, and celery. Let it cook on low all day. About 1 hr before you want to eat, remove the breast and shred them. Crank the heat up to high and line the top of the crock pot with a can of biscuits and put the lid back on. Cook until the biscuits are done

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75