Sak water levels

mrperch

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are you guys seeing with all the rain? Does anyone foresee any problems next spring if we have a very wet winter like I have heard a few talk about?

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
My hope is that the core doesn't have a short memory and will plan ahead. Snow pack in the mountains will play a huge part, but even before that, if we are starting to swell, might wanna ramp up output a bit. Just my .02

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake is as high as I’ve seen it this late in the year that I can recall. I’m guessing down about 5’ from the high water mark from this summer. They dropped it a lot last year but it was a close call this year anyway. They definitely have to dump some water through the winter months if they can.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake is at 1846.4, they will have it to 1837 before the spring runoff starts like they do every year. The river has been charging at about 46k release all summer and I imagine it will continue until freeze up.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
My hope is that the core doesn't have a short memory and will plan ahead. Snow pack in the mountains will play a huge part, but even before that, if we are starting to swell, might wanna ramp up output a bit. Just my .02
Not much they can do The entire system is full and they are still flooding down south. appears to me it's going to be tough to get to 37

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been a little damp the past 30 days.

ND.jpg

I know my parents have recorded a tad over 11 inches of rain the past few weeks up by New Town.

And just so we are clear that it's not just a local phenomena:
Conus.jpg

Remember, the above maps are the amounts of rain we've received above the 30-yr normal for this time of the year.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake is at 1846.4, they will have it to 1837 before the spring runoff starts like they do every year. The river has been charging at about 46k release all summer and I imagine it will continue until freeze up.

Just because this is true, doesn't make me not want to puke.

By this time, most of the past 20 years, I was wader fishing to my little hearts content. By mid-October, I'd be expecting to catch decent fish, with the best fishing between Halloween and Thanksgiving.

I "waded" last weekend, and it was miserable. No place to walk, high water murky water, odd current.

Not that the COE takes me into consideration, but I wish they would.

I think, the biggest issue is that although Sak is going down, they can't let out much more than 46K cfs, without further flooding Nebraska.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's gotta be at the fault of "global warming" ;:;popcorn

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, everyone sing along....Rain Rain go away, come again some other day....I can’t remember the next line

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74