SPYPOINT micro

andyb15

Established Member
Anyone else having issues with theirs? Mine has been very spotty on sending pictures. I have it set to send pictures twice a day. Some days I’ll get 300 pictures, but it will be from a couple of days ago and some days I’ll get nothing. My app currently shows that it hasn’t communicated with the camera in the last day. Battery at 40% and signal of 4/5. I did the most recent software update 6 weeks ago, so I should be good there.

Bluegill

I’ve had the same issue with the one I bought It’s really frustrating, I don’t even have mine in the field anymore. I emailed them a while back with no response yet. Ive heard their customer service in really bad

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have 4, no problems yet. Fingers crossed

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a camera guy but my three buddies that have them hate . Call customer service and the French Canadians are not very helpful at all. Showed me pictures and quality is very poor and night time ones are worse than polaroids

Fishinfool

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got 2 of them & haven't had issues. They've been great for me so far. Morning pictures are foggy sometimes but night pictures & daytime are good.

SlickTrick125

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one of these cameras, and Overall I’m glad I bought it. It’s really nice not having to drive out to retrieve pictures, but I do feel like the app is definitely lacking. It seemed like the first month when I had the upgraded free trial it was flawless. But now several months in, I’m having some of the same issues others are having. Sometimes I get no pictures when I’m almost certain that deer were in there, also i used to be able to group delete pictures as I received them. Now if I don’t want to individually select 200 pictures I have to wait until the next day to do so. This is fairly irritating. I can accept the lower quality pics because it is simply a tool to me to know when the time is right to make an unexpected appearance in a tree stand ruining a mature bucks day. Not entering a stand until the time is right is a game changer to me, and almost feels like cheating. But hay if legal, why not take advantage. For once I would love to be the dude who puts a shaft through a buck that makes jaws drop. I usually get pics of one at some point though out the season, and hopefully my lack of presence at the stand will make an actual encounter with one of these ghosts a reality.

TRLguy

Dont ever buy a cellular spypoint camera. They have serious issues with their connectivity. They have terrible customer service. I've been bit in the ass three times now. They never have a permanent fix. They get you to buy them with their pricing, but I promise you it isn't worth it. Very soon the microlink will be out of commission, just like all the others.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm begging you, this company needs to be put out of business. Please dont buy these cameras you guys.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one of these camera's and haven't had any issues accept finding places with no service or weak service. Other then that it's worked fine and takes decent pics.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am running a link evo and a micro. I like the evo much more and seems to be better but both work. It is very important to make sure the updates are done for them to work properly. I also sell a few of these and thought at one time they were complete junk until I spoke with some others that run other brands and seems they wouldn't recommend the other brand either. I am beginning to think most of the issues are cellular and not the camera itself. Another thing I do is run a 12V with solar otherwise batteries will not last.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 5 of these cameras. I have returned 2 that would not communicate to cellular, even in my backyard. The pic quality when you check the actual SD is great but the cell pics are grainy. I was super thrilled with these units the first two months but now there is a lot left to be desired.

Pros:
-Concept of an app based camera is awesome
-Low price point (for cell cams) on hardware and monthly. Monthly is easily adjustable too.
-setup is fairly easy, app is OK to navigate
-small device, hard to see for lowlifes

Cons:
-Fairly high rate of device failure
-Bad customer service. Super slow to respond and not very helpful
-Need to improve basic functionality of App instead of rolling out these dumb features like 'buck tracker'
-Referral system is a mess. Will not let you type in references, throws error messages all the time. Best to email customer service but I am not sure I have seen a single referral bonus (out of 3 or 4)
-battery life status seems to be misleading. Anything under 70% you should expect that camera to be dead soon
-Cannot delete cameras on app after you return ones

Next time these things fail I will be returning for a full refund and not just another camera

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76