Fishing rod building and repair class?

Buzz Butters

Is there any interest for
the 2-day Mud Hole Custom Tackle 2 day rod building and repair class in ND?

Last edited:

Honkerherms

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would tend to believe there is -- by me anyways, and I know of one other -- any specifics?

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have been building rods for a number of years. Was fortunate to have learned from one of the very best (Chuck DeRemer) many years ago. I purchase most components from Mudhole and would be interested in 2-Day seminar in ND!

Honkerherms

Founding Member
Founding Member
I told Chuck that when he gets ready for another class taking place in Bismarck, I would do it ....too....

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honker,
Good to know that Chuck may put on another class in Bis. He had talked about putting on a class for intermediate / advanced rod building at one time. His knowledge, skill set, and and willingness to share is second to none (IMO). I would certainly any of his classes as well!

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would attend, how would one find out about the class dates?

Buzz Butters

Mud Hole Custom tackle sponsors about 20-22 classes per year. Each year there are 2 classes in TX, 2 in CA, 1 in Mobile, 4 in Orlando, 1 in Charlotte and the rest move around the country. In the mid-west we go to Minneapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee and Michigan on alternating years. A good number of builders from SD and ND come to the Minneapolis class. I am looking to see if there is some interest to actually holding a class in ND. We need a minimum of 36-38 students max 48. The size of the class is dictated by the size of the conference room we can rent. We need "X" square feet per student. Before we begin the search process I am just looking to see if there is some interest. Day 1 the entire rod is built step by step including putting finish on the guides. Rods rotate overnight in dryers. Day 2 there are 12 advanced demonstrations including ice rod building, custom guide spacing, rod repair, marbling decorative wraps etc. At noon on Sunday students go home with finished rod, hand wrapper to build more rods, and a vast store of rod building information.

Buzz Butters

Saturday 9:00 am until you finish putting finish on. Usually 5pm. Sunday 8an to 12pm. $199.00 for the CRB spin or casting kit. $150.00 for the MHX spin or casting kit.

rapala_09

Honored Member
I almost went to one in Minneapolis. I think it might have been February? But getting hotel rooms and such put it out of my price range. I'd definitely try to make a North Dakota class work though.
Im interested.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to know what class of rod this CRB blank is equal to. I mean what price range or model of St Croix rod would this be equal to.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interested. If you're going to it in ND, don't do it in Fargo. Bismarck and Minot are much more central.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76