Unlimited deer tags

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow

so why so many tags in the SW corner (4F)? anybody know why hunting pressure is so light?

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, do you already need to have a deer tag in order to get a doe tag? Or just if you have a hunting license you can you get the tag?

I'm not a big fan of killing too many does, I'm used to does being sacred to the deer population...but I don't believe it's the same here.

Maybe a lot of tags are going unfilled?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are just the tags leftover from the lottery. I'm assuming nobody was claiming them so they are removing the 1 rifle tag restriction. It allows the people down there who have already drawn a tag to now also go buy extra doe tags.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would do it if I didn't draw a tag this year for one of them. It is just most people are not going to. I would rather not come home with a pickup box full of antlerless mule deer.

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are trying to eliminate the deer population in the SW because of CWD. Add in thousands of tags already sold down there and the amount of posted land. Nobody wants to drive all that way to compete with so many others on the little public land. Good deal for people that have a place to hunt there but in a couple years there will be very few deer there by design.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I somewhat understand them wanting to clean out the CWD area 3F2 but when they add the 52 Mule deer does it looks to me like its about filling the coffers at G&F

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
I somewhat understand them wanting to clean out the CWD area 3F2 but when they add the 52 Mule deer does it looks to me like its about filling the coffers at G&F

Adding an extra $1560.00 isn't exactly what I would call "filling the coffers"

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
if that is the reasoning that is stupid colorado proved the eradication method does not work back in the 60's

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is nothing added here there are no new tags. Like was already pointed out the only change here is making the left over tags open to people that have already drawn tags. The reason there are so many tags has as much to do with climate and habitat as it does cwd. This part of the state never saw anywhere near the drop in deer numbers from the hard winters and due to the wooded draws and rolling pastures the loss of crp and shelterbelts isn't haveing that much of an effect. In 3f2 there hasn't been a single year where any person who put in for a for the unit didn't get drawn for at least a doe tag of their choosing.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
wow

so why so many tags in the SW corner (4F)? anybody know why hunting pressure is so light?

Unless you have private land to hunt on the hunting opportunity isn’t great. I’ve hunted there a few times

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
if that is the reasoning that is stupid colorado proved the eradication method does not work back in the 60's

Apparently nobody took note as Wisconsin and Norway I believe also tried similar eradication tactics and failed to accomplish anything but kill off a lot of deer/reindeer by bullet. CWD is still found in every location these two states attempted control by eradication of the deer population. Minnesota apparently doesn't know what happened in Colorado, Wisconsin and Norway or can't read, so they are trying the same eradication tactics in SE Minnesota. I suspect their eradication efforts met with similar results and no control of CWD, but lots of dead deer. Apparently death by bullet is somehow better than death by CWD, and the hunters sit in the middle and........ The stupidity of this all makes my head hurt.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75