cabelas wooltimate

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever wash their cabelas wooltimate that has the windshear? Cant really find any instructions on a "safe" way to wash it without screwing up the windshear. Id imagine its pretty stinky by now..

I should note, the same question goes for the berber fleece. That's really what I was wondering. I have both. Id assume the berber is more washing machine friendly than the wooltimate. Both have the "windshear"

Last edited:

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Take it in to be dry cleaned. They will know how to do it.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love that stuff. Its my go to. Ive washed both the wooltimate and the berber as I would anything else. cold/warm water. I've never had any issues. I treat mine like a door mat, comes out nice and fluffy again.

I will say, I was worried about bass pro screwing it up, so I ordered another hooded pullover to be safe...and they changed the pocket design and IMO, not for the better. Fit n Finish was not quite as nice either. Maybe thats why they were on sale....

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
According to my wife, she washes mine in cold water, gentle cycle. Dries in the dryer for 10 minutes and then hangs to finish drying. Has worked for many years with no ill effects.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could always give the coat to the wifey and let her buy some Woolite so it can soak with her 'dainties'. Woolite guarantees no shrinkage and the new smell from the dainties will help your overall hunting experience!

:;:sorry:;:cheers

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
IME, Windshear/windstopper isn't nearly as critical as Gore-Tex when washing. I've washed my Wooltimate a few times on gentle/cold then hang to dry.

If you're concerned about a certain piece you could always hand wash in the sink/tub and hang to dry.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
I washed last night, cold/cold on delicate. Dried on low heat for 5 minutes then tumble dried on no heat the rest of the way, seems to have worked fine.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76