Good Deer Taxidermist - 3A1/3B1

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Although we are all aware there are no deer in 3A1, with the new CWD rules for that unit, and the inability to transport a head out of the unit so to speak, does anyone have any recommendations for a good deer mount taxidermist that is located in 3A1 or 3B1?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cape the head, cut out the eyes, pressure-washer up the brain-stem hole.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Although we are all aware there are no deer in 3A1, with the new CWD rules for that unit, and the inability to transport a head out of the unit so to speak, does anyone have any recommendations for a good deer mount taxidermist that is located in 3A1 or 3B1?

pics or it didn't happen

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're going to do a head mount, just cape it and cut the skull cap. You'll just have to remove the brains (and maybe eyes) if you're going to do a European back home.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just trying to be prepared in the unlikely chance we find something that warrants a full head mount. To be honest, I'd probably consider doing a European Mount on a decent size one that might not warrant a full head mount, but considering the PITA it would be, it'll probably default to the Sawzall and just the rack.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, pretend I don't know the first thing about taxidermy and outside of boiling a head to do a European, I wouldn't even know where to begin, lol. I'm completely ok just finding a taxidermist in the unit and dropping the whole works off. Then again, in almost 30-years of deer hunting, I've only had two that qualify to make it in the house, the chances are probably pretty slim......

- - - Updated - - -

Cape the head, cut out the eyes, pressure-washer up the brain-stem hole.
S
So your saying you live in one of those units and I can use your pressure washer in your heated shop. That's so nice of you to offer SDMF ;:;rofl

- - - Updated - - -

You never know though, I might see one behind a fence with a radio collar on it that I just can't resist, lol

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
So your saying you live in one of those units and I can use your pressure washer in your heated shop. That's so nice of you to offer SDMF ;:;rofl

There's a gas station just N of Scenic but on the W side of the road, they used to have coin operated pressure washers. It took me less than 5Min w/a coin operated pressure washer to have my WY deer cleaned for travel back home. I know it was less than 5min because I put in 5min worth of quarters to start out and the hose was still going when we left.

Caping a skull for a euro doesn't take very long at all.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75