Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 450
    Given: 0
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by espringers View Post
    i will admit i may have to backtrack on spending no money at all. other than solving the corner hopping issue, i think they could quit dragging their feet, purchase small easements like bobkat is proposing. fair market value easement for travel just like they do for all sorts of public work projects. or simply purchase the amount necessary to provide access. no need to purchase entire blocks. when the guberment builds a road or an oil company puts in a pipeline or the electric company buries a cable, they don't buy your entire quarter just to use 30 feet. they purchase an easement or the amount necessary to complete the task at hand.... access to the publicly held land. incidentally, thats the way it works in the world of non guberment property all the time. johnny landlocks his neighbor jack and jack can usually get an easement to his property in relatively short order.
    Private land that is land locked by public land is granted an approved access through the public land. The private landowner doesn’t pay for that easement so why should the public. It’s a double standard that screws the public and rewards the outfitters. Also there are a ton of two track roads and gravel roads that traverse through private land to private land , but the public is not allowed to access via that road because it is not a county road. Only person that is allowed to use it is the private party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badland mule View Post
    Where do we draw the line on using eminent domain to benefit peoples recreation?
    That’s all of our lands that we should have the right to access. It should not matter if it is for our recreation or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badland mule View Post
    Leave it the way it is. Let rmef and other private organizations buy private land to access public. Let the ones truly passionate about the issue pay for the solution. Has there ever been a court ruling on corner hopping? Last i heard they hadn't decided if it was legal or not but didn't recommend it.
    we should not have to pay to access our own land. It doesn’t work the reverse way so it’s a double standard. It is not the Jon of private orgs to PAY private landowners for access to public land especially if there is no hunting access granted to the same private land . The RMEF came out against public land swaps that would open up public land. So much for the organization caring about the common man member. Just another group bowing down to the rich and powerful.

1 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #62
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,737
    Given: 1,934
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by Migrator Man View Post
    Private land that is land locked by public land is granted an approved access through the public land. The private landowner doesn’t pay for that easement so why should the public. It’s a double standard that screws the public and rewards the outfitters. Also there are a ton of two track roads and gravel roads that traverse through private land to private land , but the public is not allowed to access via that road because it is not a county road. Only person that is allowed to use it is the private party.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s all of our lands that we should have the right to access. It should not matter if it is for our recreation or not.

- - - Updated - - -

we should not have to pay to access our own land. It doesn’t work the reverse way so it’s a double standard. It is not the Jon of private orgs to PAY private landowners for access to public land especially if there is no hunting access granted to the same private land . The RMEF came out against public land swaps that would open up public land. So much for the organization caring about the common man member. Just another group bowing down to the rich and powerful.

They did post post that I would like to read about it. I thought they just had a land swap in mt that did just that

0 Not allowed!
    Carson Wentz= GOAT
    ”My balls was hot” Derick the black beast Lewis

3. Back To Top    #63
    Silver Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 59
    As far as I know they are not against land swaps. They just came out against a shitty land swap proposed by the Wilkes brothers.

0 Not allowed!

4. Back To Top    #64
    VIP Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 987
    Given: 408
    Quote Originally Posted by Meelosh View Post
    As far as I know they are not against land swaps. They just came out against a shitty land swap proposed by the Wilkes brothers.
    Who are the Wilkes brothers? Some of you guys are waaaaay more into this than you are letting on. Meelosh, do you work for the government?

0 Not allowed!

5. Back To Top    #65
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz the Cat View Post
    Who are the Wilkes brothers? Some of you guys are waaaaay more into this than you are letting on. Meelosh, do you work for the government?
    they are a couple guys who bought a whole bunch of land in Idaho and cut of access to a bunch of land. They are not well liked in the riggings area

1 Not allowed!
    Carson Wentz= GOAT

6. Back To Top    #66
    Bronze Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 17
    I think he was referring to the Wilks brothers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_and_Farris_Wilks

http://www.landreport.com/2017/03/20...ilks-brothers/

0 Not allowed!

7. Back To Top    #67
    Silver Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    As petty as your question is, I’ll answer it. No.

Im just a public land user that cares WAY more than you do about public access and the public’s right to recreate on the public’s land so I stay informed on the topic.

3 Not allowed!

8. Back To Top    #68
    Gold Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 261
    Given: 384
    I typically like your input and opinion on things, but if you tried being more of a douche with this comment you actually couldn’t.

1 Not allowed!

9. Back To Top    #69
    Ultimate VIP Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,899
    Given: 2,128
    Oh come on Fritz if it's someone blocking public access you know them. Don't give us that crap. Your always number one with the names, oh ya and accusing someone of working for the government. Do you actually think all gov workers are liberal. I would say about 75% are, but there are some conservatives. You will not acknowledge that because it takes away one of your clubs to pound on people.

0 Not allowed!

10. Back To Top    #70
    VIP Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags2.0 View Post
    I typically like your input and opinion on things, but if you tried being more of a douche with this comment you actually couldn’t.
    Thank you.

They say a picture speaks a thousand words. This from espringers article concerning getting journalist to write the story.

Usually these functions are attended by badges and other invited mandatory attendees. The journalists are only supposed to hear one side.

0 Not allowed!

11. Back To Top    #71
    Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 450
    Given: 0
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by Meelosh View Post
    I agree I am for good and fair land swaps. It’s people like the Wilkes that are screwing the public. This should not be allowed to happen

1 Not allowed!

12. Back To Top    #72
    VIP Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Never heard of these Wilks brothers nor why we are supposed to hate them. They got rich selling their fracking business and bought land in Montana. They inherited this access across their land mess and it would seem they are trying to cooperate granting access to public land.

The problem exists out there everywhere public land is co-mingled with private. So why are these guys being singled out targeted right now?

The plot thickens. The Wilks brothers are donating large sums of money to Republican Matt Rosendale who is running for Senate in Mt. Rosendale is running against the conservation boyz favored incumbent Democrat Senator Jon Tester.

The League of Conservation Voters is going to be spending about $1 Million for attack ads against Matt Rosendale. One ad making the connection he is funded by the (hated) Wilks Brothers.

So who is the League of Conservation Voters? Their Board:

https://www.lcv.org/board/

The Chair is Carol Browner with Center for American Progress. She was head of Bill Clinton's EPA and Obama's Energy and Climate Change Czar. btw...Center for American Progress is a George Soro's creation. The rest of the Board are the usual suspects, Earth Justice etc.

Brucee said,

Don't give us that crap. Your always number one with the names, oh ya and accusing someone of working for the government.
    Brucee, how many times I have to tell you it's not in the issues, it's in the names.

0 Not allowed!

13. Back To Top    #73
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,069
    Given: 2,517
    Tester is a farmer from Montana. Rosendale is a real estate developer from Baltimore. At the risk of public lambasting, it’s slightly more nuanced than R vs D.

1 Not allowed!

14. Back To Top    #74
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Classifieds
    Never heard of these Wilks brothers nor why we are supposed to hate them. They got rich selling their fracking business and bought land in Montana. They inherited this access across their land mess and it would seem they are trying to cooperate granting access to public land.

The problem exists out there everywhere public land is co-mingled with private. So why are these guys being singled out targeted right now?

The plot thickens. The Wilks brothers are donating large sums of money to Republican Matt Rosendale who is running for Senate in Mt. Rosendale is running against the conservation boyz favored incumbent Democrat Senator Jon Tester.

The League of Conservation Voters is going to be spending about $1 Million for attack ads against Matt Rosendale. One ad making the connection he is funded by the (hated) Wilks Brothers.

So who is the League of Conservation Voters? Their Board:

https://www.lcv.org/board/

The Chair is Carol Browner with Center for American Progress. She was head of Bill Clinton's EPA and Obama's Energy and Climate Change Czar. btw...Center for American Progress is a George Soro's creation. The rest of the Board are the usual suspects, Earth Justice etc.

Brucee said,

Brucee, how many times I have to tell you it's not in the issues, it's in the names.
    in riggins , Id I heard a lot of those fuckin Texans. That was from other ranchers we have met the last few years. They shut a bunch of ground down the paper company used to let people hunt. They don’t like the brothers there

0 Not allowed!
    Carson Wentz= GOAT

15. Back To Top    #75
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    https://www.eenews.net/stories/1060095149

Burr tried to sweeten the deal he outlined yesterday for any remaining objectors by adding language that would take the $21.5 billion unallocated funds in the LWCF account and devote $11 billion to whittling down the massive national parks maintenance backlog and roughly $10 billion to the government's general Treasury to pay down the debt.

"I'm giving you a great opportunity," the Republican told his colleagues, adding, "I think I have addressed in the last 24 hours every concern that has been expressed — budget, taxpayer money, parks and maintenance, why should we do it."

0 Not allowed!

16. Back To Top    #76
    VIP Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    This is a money thing so I believe it has to go through the House. Some of those who oppose are Reps. John Culberson of Texas, Darrell Issa of California, Scott Perry of Pennsylvania and Kevin Yoder of Kansas. So now the League of Conservation Voters are targeting them with smear ads. Give us what we want or else. Stick 'em up.

From Fly's article:

"In order to make this story one of crisis averted, however, members of Congress must unite and take action before the LWCF expires at the end of September," said
    BHA President and CEO Land Tawney
    . "We the people are raising our voices and sending a strong and uncompromising message to our elected officials: Stand up for the Land and Water Conservation Fund. Stand up for the best of who we are as a nation."

Oh Oh, other groups below have now found their way to the trough.
    The Hispanic Access Foundation, a nonprofit group that aims to improve the lives of Hispanics in the U.S. and increase civic engagement, has held a series of summer screenings of a short film illustrating the positive impact LWCF and green spaces have had on Latino communities in rural and urban areas, from Rifle, Colo., to Miami."Latino communities tend to be disadvantaged and not as well-resourced [as others]," said Jenny Brandt, deputy director of conservation programs at the Hispanic Access Foundation. LWCF "is providing them with access," she said.

0 Not allowed!

17. Back To Top    #77
    Gold Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    This is a money thing so I believe it has to go through the House. Some of those who oppose are Reps. John Culberson of Texas, Darrell Issa of California, Scott Perry of Pennsylvania and Kevin Yoder of Kansas. So now the League of Conservation Voters are targeting them with smear ads. Give us what we want or else. Stick 'em up.

From Fly's article:

"In order to make this story one of crisis averted, however, members of Congress must unite and take action before the LWCF expires at the end of September," said
    . "We the people are raising our voices and sending a strong and uncompromising message to our elected officials: Stand up for the Land and Water Conservation Fund. Stand up for the best of who we are as a nation."

The Hispanic Access Foundation, a nonprofit group that aims to improve the lives of Hispanics in the U.S. and increase civic engagement, has held a series of summer screenings of a short film illustrating the positive impact LWCF and green spaces have had on Latino communities in rural and urban areas, from Rifle, Colo., to Miami."Latino communities tend to be disadvantaged and not as well-resourced [as others]," said Jenny Brandt, deputy director of conservation programs at the Hispanic Access Foundation. LWCF "is providing them with access," she said.
    I mean at face value, nothing you said sounds bad or would get me to not support it myself. Sooo nice try?

- - - Updated - - -

You really are for privatizing the outdoors. And don’t you dare try to lump me in with prairieghost. That guy loves to drive a wedge as much as you and gst

1 Not allowed!

18. Back To Top    #78
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up

From Fly's article:

People want LWCF funds to build the very things the LWCF was created for! My word! The gall of these people! LWCF is for everything from little league fields, to boat ramps, to parks and green spaces.

Notice all the people rising up with you in favor of sunseting LWCF? Me either. One of the most popular pieces of legislation. For a good reason.

2 Not allowed!

19. Back To Top    #79
    Silver Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags2.0 View Post
    I mean at face value, nothing you said sounds bad or would get me to not support it myself. Sooo nice try?

- - - Updated - - -

You really are for privatizing the outdoors. And don’t you dare try to lump me in with prairieghost. That guy loves to drive a wedge as much as you and gst

Its almost like we can’t trust that the former president of the ND Elk growers association cares about wildlife and public access to it. You’re right Fritz. The names matter.

3 Not allowed!

20. Back To Top    #80
    Gold Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    http://www.northdakotaelkgrowers.com/why-raise-elk.cfm

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda cringe-worthy read on what I consider the epitome of western animals

0 Not allowed!