Who's happier Men or Women

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most men could live in a tar paper shack, eat can goods and stuff they kill and be happy as a clam. The main reason they get nice things is to get women. If a man was smooth down there like a Ken doll and never desired the finer sex, he would probably skip around with a big, stupid grin on his face.

Last edited:

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Explained in 2...

man-woman-knon.jpeg

masturbating-women-vs-men-funny-yzqzlz.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Men's happiness seems to be more internally based. Meaning they do stuff they like to do and are happy. Women's happiness seems to be more externally based. Meaning materialistic stuff. House, cars, jewelry, clothes, and the like. Given these two generalizations, I'd have to say that men are more innately happy regardless of the circumstances surrounding their lives where as women's happiness has to be bought or created from stuff outside themselves. My evidence...I've seen LOTS of homeless guys laughing and joking up a storm in the missions and soup lines. I can't say that I've seen the same from the women in the same situation. Ahab hit the nail square on the noggin pretty much with his post.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hard question for me to answer. My wife likes nice things but not a lot of nice things. If I were to buy her a new diamond ring she would appreciate the gesture and as the same time wonder why I would spend so much. Which of us is happier? Depends on the day. I'm happy when doing things i like to do, as most of us are I'm sure. Not so happy when I have to spend a day doing something I don't enjoy

The truth is I think it's dangerous to try and lump a group of people in one category as we are all a little different. It's like the old jokes about dumb blondes, some are some aren't. Wait, "dumb" I guess is no longer acceptable. I should have said "Mentally challenged." Sorry.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Men's happiness seems to be more internally based. Meaning they do stuff they like to do and are happy. Women's happiness seems to be more externally based. Meaning materialistic stuff. House, cars, jewelry, clothes, and the like. Given these two generalizations, I'd have to say that men are more innately happy regardless of the circumstances surrounding their lives where as women's happiness has to be bought or created from stuff outside themselves. My evidence...I've seen LOTS of homeless guys laughing and joking up a storm in the missions and soup lines. I can't say that I've seen the same from the women in the same situation. Ahab hit the nail square on the noggin pretty much with his post.

I'm going to say that I agree with about three quarters of that...

You have men figured out perfectly.
Women DO seem to be pleased by external factors. In the case of my wife though, I don't think it's possessions. Cars and houses and jewelry don't make her happiest. Relationships do. Our kids do. Me? I could still use a little work..

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

If your wife sees your post you may be one of the guys laughing in the soup lines

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think most men THINK women are happier by material possessions, so they think they can just buy her stuff and then not pay any attention to her. But the truth is women are looking for a relationship and an emotional connection to their spouse. That's why there's so many jokes about no sex after marriage. I think most men just don't get it........and that's why they don't GET IT.

IndigenousWalleye78

Honored Member
Happiness is what you make of it, I guess. I can remember first getting together with my wife and I didnt have two nickels to rub together. No retirement portfolio, no house, no savings to write home about, you name it.. We were content then, and as time went on, we acquired nice things, but we both come from low income upbringings, so we remember where we come from. Nice things make us happy, but healthy kids and a warm home are really all that matters underneath it all. Cuz that what we came from. Different strokes for different folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again it leads me to thinking that quite a few men have married the wrong woman!

reminds me of a joke... Why are divorces so expensive? Cuz theyre F@%king worth it, thats why!!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think most men THINK women are happier by material possessions, so they think they can just buy her stuff and then not pay any attention to her. But the truth is women are looking for a relationship and an emotional connection to their spouse. That's why there's so many jokes about no sex after marriage. I think most men just don't get it........and that's why they don't GET IT.

Most women aren’t happier with material things, but they sure are attracted by them in the beginning.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you guys think this, then it's no wonder that you don't understand women. This is a generalization but it's men who are more interested in things and less interested in people and relationships.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your wife sees your post you may be one of the guys laughing in the soup lines

She was standing right behind me when I typed it......and agreed!! No soup line for this guy. In fact she's making me bacon and eggs as I type. I'm really happy with my life!!!

- - - Updated - - -

If you guys think this, then it's no wonder that you don't understand women. This is a generalization but it's men who are more interested in things and less interested in people and relationships.

First of all if YOU understand women you'd not be posting on this site as you'd own your own tropical island and be the richest man in the world. That said, you are correct, but I think there needs to be a classifier. Men are generally interested in things that make it easier to do the activities that make us happy. ie bigger boat = more fishing or new gun = more shooting. Women are interested in things that make them feel they compare better when matched to other women. ie look at the size of my diamond or look at my new kitchen upgrades. 'Course there are exceptions, but like I said before, Men Happy = Internal........Women Happy = External

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
funny part... they tend to think external things will make them happier. but, its only fleeting. soon they just want more external things. its hard to explain. happiness is all about what is betwixt your earballs and has almost nothing to do with what lies outside those earballs. i would say generally, men seem to have a better handle on that space betwixt said earballs. generally.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think overall men are just more content and easier going and therefore probably a bit happier.

IndigenousWalleye78

Honored Member
another example of the happiness differences....... Cosmo magazine. Filled with stories about how to please your man, 20 things to spice things up in the boudoir, is he over his ex? crap like that. Playboy magazine. Boobs and Jokes. We are just less complex. The reason they say "men are from mars and women are from venus" is because they ask so many damn questions we had to move to our own planet to have some peace and quiet.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
another example of the happiness differences....... Cosmo magazine. Filled with stories about how to please your man, 20 things to spice things up in the boudoir, is he over his ex? crap like that. Playboy magazine. Boobs and Jokes. We are just less complex. The reason they say "men are from mars and women are from venus" is because they ask so many damn questions we had to move to our own planet to have some peace and quiet.

Mens magazines (Men's Health, GQ, the list goes on and on) have the same type of articles. I'm seriously surprised by the responses in this thread. Can't believe half you guys have wifes/girlfriends and/or are truly happy in your relationships.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The wife and I are both happy, I even asked her if I was.:::

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86