NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,655
    Given: 3,082
    Classifieds

Pheasant Shape.................

Hey Guys, just a friendly reminder that there's just over 30 days until pheasant season and it might be a good idea to get your dogs out and running a bit so when that opening day rolls around they aren't finished after 2 hours of running. I'm going to use grouse season as an excuse to get Herc out. Lord knows we BOTH could use the conditioning. Carry On!!!!

7 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,277
    Given: 3,737
    Classifieds
    Hounds and I run 3.5-5 miles three days a week. They're both older, so "in shape" is relatively speaking. But after goose hunting last weekend I can tell they're both in fine condition, all things considered. We won't really target ditch parrots until November-ish, so there's plenty of duck hunting and whatnot to get them fine tuned. LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!

1 Not allowed!
    Remember to always practice CPR: Catch, Pickle and Refrigerate!

3. Back To Top    #3
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,325
    Given: 1,704
    Classifieds
    Me and a couple buds are heading to blue plate country Saturday for a pheasant farm shoot. I have been trying to get the dog out as much as possible so we shall see this Saturday how well or poorly I did...I know I am out of shape!! haha

0 Not allowed!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 214
    "ROOSTER!!"....If the PE classes aren't making too much noise I can hear the cackle of a rooster taking flight...and if I stay away from the stench of the locker room (man football season is terrible!) I can smell burnt powder of a spent shotgun shell. Just wish I had a few more pheasants to chase in my part of NE. Have to drive a few hours to get into good numbers...which I will gladly do! Even contemplating taking my son and daughter up to SD if we can find some places to hunt with decent bird numbers.
    I'm with KDM on using grouse season to help get the dogs in shape...and dove season to help me get the kinks worked out of my sometimes (actually most of the time) questionable shooting ability! When I miss a bird I just tell myself its like catch and release fishing...gotta leave some seed for next year!

1 Not allowed!
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more. -Lord Byron

5. Back To Top    #5
    Banned

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 103
    Classifieds
    I’m lucky that my dog loves running beside the 4 wheeler and my bicycle in ND and AZ in winter so she racks up hundreds, if not a thousand plus miles each year. And loves swimming, for hours on end. The main tune up I have to do is a little work with her staying in close and retrieving to hand (not drive by dropping) when the guns are going off and the pheasants are cackling. Gets pretty excited. I try to start this in early summer with pigeons and the occasional pen raised bird a bit.
    Im old and can hardly keep up with my little bundle of energy these days, though luckily she’s getting a bit older, too.

1 Not allowed!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 711
    Mine put on a few pounds over the summer but was able to swim every weekend and will bike/run with me a few times a week so he is in fair condition. He could use a little more cardio but then again I could use a lot more. Going to be a great fall

0 Not allowed!

7. Back To Top    #7
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 804
    Given: 1,154
    Classifieds
    mine is in much better shape than i am... round is a shape so shut up!

1 Not allowed!
    2018 Warrior 21-21
    350 Suzuki
    9.9 Suzuki
    112lb Ulterra trolling motor
    12 and 10" humminbird solix

8. Back To Top    #8
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,466
    Given: 36
    I’m in pheasant shape been rolling my window down lots lately and my finger is in pretty good shape.

8 Not allowed!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Silver Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 214
    I'm with you RTB! And FishSticks I'd sure enjoy a video of your dog biking with you! Sorry...I'm a smartass...

0 Not allowed!
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more. -Lord Byron