Lake Audubon walleyes

DareDevilDave

Founding Member
Founding Member
New to fishing lake Audubon can you guys help another fisherman on what to use? I used a weasel and slender spoon so far. What works best? Thanks

NDsniper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like a red or gold just simple hook with a minnow hooked through the back. Dead stick.

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
A plain red treble hook on a tipup has been best for me this year or a 1/16 oz summer time jig. For jigging rods i've caught a few on chubby darters but it seems deadsticks have been by far better.

dschaible

Established Member
Its more about being on the spot then using the right tackle. In your report you said you didn't drive out to the group around carbody and hung around 3 mile. 3 mile can be ok at times, and shitty most the time, but what i have found at Audubon is unfortunately you have to get away from the ramps, away from the shore, to get more consistent fishing. Don't be afraid to snuggle up to other ice fishermen on Audubon if you don't know the lake.

Jason Mitchell early Audubon ice video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkMS51r1vQE

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Northland glow jigs and Lindy wally talkers good for dead sticking. Jigging raps and slab raps at times can also be good when the fish want something aggressive. Agree completely with dschaible. The south side of the refuge can be good as well as the Velva point area and the bays around the Turtle Lake ramp area. They just seem to be a bit more consistent with the bite and fish moving thru.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
The few I have caught there this year were super aggressive when attacking a buckshot with a minnow head being jigged pretty fast. A quick flash on the vex and WHAM!

Rugeruser

I have been having more bites with a deadstick, with a jig, Northland glow spoon,gold with red glow has been the hottest, second has been a white lindy rattling flyer, full minnows hooked parallel to the dorsal fin, I haven’t had many bites with the bare hooks or small presentations. I would even suggest a large jig of any sort on a tip up right now! Also worth mentioning that if you can see color through the underwater camera, it’s not meal time on Audubon. Stay Safe and Tight Lines!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
remember when they stocked the absolute sht out of that lake --- it was awesome

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102