Full face motorcycle helmet for ice fishing?

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering if anybody uses the full face motorcycle helmets when traveling across the lake on a 4 wheeler or snowmobile? Looking for something to use on 4 wheeler. Wouldn’t get used much but just wondering if it keeps you warm enough? I have a stretchy face mask to wear underneath. Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering if anybody uses the full face motorcycle helmets when traveling across the lake on a 4 wheeler or snowmobile? Looking for something to use on 4 wheeler. Wouldn’t get used much but just wondering if it works? Thanks in advance for any info.

I wouldn't get on my snowmobile without my helmet. Snowmobile and motorcycle helmets are designed differently. Not only does the helmet offer protection the full face shield keeps the wind and cold off your face so it doesn't effect your vision. and electric shield also keeps it from frosting up.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Used them when snowmobiling and they worked great. Saved my neck once when I rolled my sled on a frozen gravel road. the track went over my head and only made a very loud grinding sound that I will never forget.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
helmet is nice when its really old. in Ontario you cant ride a snowcat without one.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Helmet and full face shield is great for snowmobiling. Get a yellow tint to see in the bright snow with.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
From a safety standpoint, a helmet is never a bad idea. At the very least, a good facemask and some anti-fog ski goggles come in handy. Really comes down to your view on safety vs simplicity and cost.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
shielded helmets are absolutely awesome with a heated visor which is a must imo

and get the kind that redirects your breath down/out of the helmet

- - - Updated - - -

your head/face are warm/happy in a full helmet

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
From a safety standpoint, a helmet is never a bad idea. At the very least, a good facemask and some anti-fog ski goggles come in handy. Really comes down to your view on safety vs simplicity and cost.
I usually go with the very least but a good facemask gives some cushion

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79