Someone picked the wrong home.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enough said.

[h=6]Reuters[/h][h=1]Three suspected burglars shot dead inside Texas home[/h]
December 23, 2019, 7:19 PM UTC

(Reuters) - Three suspected burglars were shot dead inside a Texas home on Monday when a man who lived there fired a shotgun at the invaders and was wounded himself in a brief gun battle, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said.
The wounded survivor was undergoing surgery and unlikely to face criminal charges as he had the legal right to defend his home, Gonzalez told reporters at the scene in Channelview, about 20 miles (30 km) east of Houston.
"The law allows residents inside their own homes to defend themselves," said Gonzalez, adding that the matter would nonetheless be referred to the grand jury for an inquest.
"The one with the shotgun was able to shoot at the three males and they were all pronounced dead here at the scene," Gonzalez said.
The violence broke out shortly after 8 a.m. local time when three men dressed in dark clothing entered a mobile home where two other men lived. The suspects backed their car toward the home and left the engine running as if they planned a fast getaway, but their exact intent was unknown, Gonzalez said.
There may be a fourth suspect who fled the scene, he said.
One of the two men who lived in the home escaped while the other grabbed a shotgun, Gonzalez said.
The resident with the shotgun was believed to have been shot by a handgun during the gun battle. No other gun was immediately recovered but it may have been concealed beneath one of the bodies, he said.
"It appears they were committing some type of home invasion or burglary," Gonzalez said. "Crime doesn't pay. Eventually you are going to end up dead or in jail."

(Reporting by Daniel Trotta; Editing by Giles Elgood)

rapala_09

Honored Member
The crazy thing is that the time stamp is from 5 hours after this was posted. Something fishy about this article...… It should read "Time travelers shot" or something ;:;rofl

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The crazy thing is that the time stamp is from 5 hours after this was posted. Something fishy about this article...… It should read "Time travelers shot" or something ;:;rofl

7:19 PM Monday, Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is 1:19 PM Monday, in Bismarck, ND

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
​I have always believed a shotgun is one of the best home defense tools. Wife wanted it on her side of the room. "No you get the baseball bat, I get the shotgun."

thumb_free.jpg

Last edited:

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
6 shot doesn't blow through multiple walls and will put a very big hole in a body at most "home defense" distances. Having said that 00 buck is my favorite.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
​I have always believed a shotgun is one of the best home defense tools. Wife wanted it on her side of the room. "No you get the baseball bat, I get the shotgun."

I have always said nothing more scarey than hearing a slide action shotgun cycle. Puts the fear of God into the criminal!

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Benelli M1 with 3" 4 shot , come on in...
Springfield XD also in arms reach
Ma's got her Ruger auto 22 bedside

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Ya cheap bastard buy her a shotgun too!
:cool:
cache.php

I have always said nothing more scarey than hearing a slide action shotgun cycle. Puts the fear of God into the criminal!

If I need to use mine the only sound you'll hear is the click as the safety slides off, then BOOM followed by the sound of the slide loading round 2.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I am thoroughly enjoying this thread, I have to ask. What kind of neighborhoods are you living in that urges you to so well arm your boudoirs? I live out in the country north of Helena. Should I have more nightstand firearms than the zero I have now? Serious question.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
6 shot doesn't blow through multiple walls and will put a very big hole in a body at most "home defense" distances. Having said that 00 buck is my favorite.

My favorite home defense round is 8 shot out of a 12 gage.

People who show up with bad intentions out here will be well ventilated. 00 buck shot will produce, what 10 holes? I'm gonna make some doctor rich by the stitch!

- - - Updated - - -

While I am thoroughly enjoying this thread, I have to ask. What kind of neighborhoods are you living in that urges you to so well arm your boudoirs? I live out in the country north of Helena. Should I have more nightstand firearms than the zero I have now? Serious question.

Ehh, don't you have bears locally?

I'd have my shotgun scabbard mounted on the bed or nightstand. Then again, being mauled (while being an exceptionally remote possibility) would really bother me that much.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Food for thought:

Winchester Models 1897/97, 12, 25, and Ithaca 37's are all pump shotguns that allow you to hold the trigger back and just continue to pump. The gun will go off when you hit the front of the stroke.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Food for thought:

Winchester Models 1897/97, 12, 25, and Ithaca 37's are all pump shotguns that allow you to hold the trigger back and just continue to pump. The gun will go off when you hit the front of the stroke.

you will go off when you hit the front of the stroke.

Me too!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76