Antelope fights back

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Excellent, now for someone to do that to the asshole flying the drone.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's jerks like that who mess it up for people who use them responsibly. The piece that showed in the camera for only a second indicates it was a DJI Phantom 3 or 4. I have a Mavic Air and after two hours decided it was so much fun I was going to buy the New Mavic Zoom. I like photography and it's great to take along camping for photos. I caught the bug by watching Grand Adventure on Utube.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
it would be nice, to hear the rest of the story. It would be nice, to learn that the a-hole who flew that drone, harassing wildlife (chasing wildlife) was sent a $10K fine. That'd be nice. It would perhaps keep the next a-hole from doing it.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
So many haters, for all you know this could be a privately owned animal on a farm....

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
geez - it's not like he ran this thing to death (legal to do to some mammals in MT I believe)

it wasn't the brightest maneuver - but the antelope didn't exactly seem stressed/terrified

- - - Updated - - -

Breaking News:

Man Irritates Pronghorn!!

- - - Updated - - -

I heard the drone owner runs a recreational vehicle business in Minot. Is this true?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
ahh, I don't know. It just seems like a chicken sh!t thing to do. Does something have to be illegal, before we know better? It would seem, that an outdoor site, full of sportsmen, would frown upon disturbing wildlife, for no reason. Maybe not though. (shrugs)

If I walk up to a buffalo, to snap a picture in it's face, and get stomped, I wonder how many here would shed a tear. Not more than 40 or 50 I bet.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had the animal appeared stressed, it was winter and it was burning calories needlessly, or some other "hey, this is really harming the animal" activity had taken place I might agree with those expressing outrage.

Anyone who hunts eventually wounds and does not recover an animal. How is that not 1000 times worse than what that antelope just experienced? How is that OK with everyone - but this was "crossing the line"?

I just don't see the great sin here - sorry. : )

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had the animal appeared stressed, it was winter and it was burning calories needlessly, or some other "hey, this is really harming the animal" activity had taken place I might agree with those expressing outrage.

Anyone who hunts eventually wounds and does not recover an animal. How is that not 1000 times worse than what that antelope just experienced? How is that OK with everyone - but this was "crossing the line"?

I just don't see the great sin here - sorry. : )

Okay, you're right. I was wr.. wr.. wro… wrong. Whew, there, I said it.

I reacted in a knee-jerk fashion. I guess if it's something I wouldn't do, then I think no one should do it. No (great) harm, no foul.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay, you're right. I was wr.. wr.. wro… wrong. Whew, there, I said it.

I reacted in a knee-jerk fashion. I guess if it's something I wouldn't do, then I think no one should do it. No (great) harm, no foul.

Ha ha. No need. You're sorta disabled.

(you have a ridiculously large heart)

- - - Updated - - -

(and I'm wrong way more often than you because rum)

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha. No need. You're sorta disabled.

(you have a ridiculously large heart)

- - - Updated - - -

(and I'm wrong way more often than you because rum)

Enlarged heart, you say? That CAN'T be good.

Well, I'll be 50 in a few days, and my deductible just reset yesterday so it's about time to go get "the physical". Yikes. Can't say I look forward to that.

Although, now that I've been diagnosed with an enlarged heart, maybe I can skip the doc visit?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75