Audubon

Lazerwolf77

Anyone have any luck on Audubon? Been there a few times this year out at Nelson bay marked tons of fish but only got a few to bite . I'm aware its mostly an early morning or night bite there but dang they are finicky . Biggest eye I caught was 15 inches. Caught around 10 pm in 12 fow.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
People that fish Audubon....why?

95% of the reports I see from that lake, both online and from people I know that don’t lie to me, are what you see above. Do you not like catching fish?

Lazerwolf77

I'm starting to think it's a waste of time as well . Always catch 1 or 2 but never had a really good day out there .

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I fish Audubon regularly...for several reasons. During ice season, since I do not have an ATV or snowmobile, Audubon is walkable until the ice is thick enough to drive trucks out. Second, it's close to home for me...less than 50 miles from my front door. Third, when we do get snow and some lakes become tough to access without tracks, seems like several trails are always plowed open. Personally at Audubon thru the ice, most days I get one or two keepers...like any lake, some days are better than others. I know the lake well and enjoy fishing...so for me it makes sense. Try different locations in different bays...target 20 up to 12 fow. I've caught most fish this year between 4-6 PM. Good luck...

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There are some nice fish in Audubon...she was 23 inches. Aud 12 7.jpg

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive caught more ling ice fishing Aud than any other lake, that alone is enough reason to go there!

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was there a week ago. Fished for 3 hours, caught 12. Biggest was 17" but the action was good. I always seem to find fish for the evening bite.

Try moving out a little deeper and get away from the crowd. I seem to do better when I get away from the crowd on that lake.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Audubon.....the land of 12-14"!

"Next year is going to be great" - Me for about 10 years straight.

I get drawn out there because its an easy drive and a map chip of that lake makes a guy drool. Never quite delivers though.

Last edited:

Lazerwolf77

Audubon.....the land of 12-14"!
"Next year is going to be great" - Me for about 10 years straight.

I get drawn out there because its an easy drive and a map chip of that lake makes a guy drool. Never quite delivers though.

Haha same here , it looks so promising ....seems like you spend all day hoping to find what you think will be a good night bite ...If you're wrong (and I usually am lol ) it makes for a long boring night .

ndrivrrat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was off of Totten trail last week. Was 17-22" of ice where we were but had another fisherman stop by our house and said there was spots south of the island that were only 6-8" of ice.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was off of Totten trail last week. Was 17-22" of ice where we were but had another fisherman stop by our house and said there was spots south of the island that were only 6-8" of ice.

So proceed with extreme caution...

tabenson

Was off Totten Trail this past Thur. thru Sun. I was west of the island toward the highway. A lot of fishermen coming and going. I caught nothing until Sat. when I got a 22" northern. When leaving I spoke with a guy at the gas station and he said they were catching fish on the south side of Audubon.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75