New Years Resolution

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fish more, Reach level 100 in NDA and grow a bigger garden. Going to be tough to do all three.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I would say try new to me lakes for ice fishing but this snow kind of F'ed that up.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, this isn't so much a new year thing as it is a life thing. I'm pushin' 50 and have noticed I'm NOT as strong as I used to be and the fluff has started to build up around my naval so my goal for the next chapter in my life will be to exercise a bit every day without using everyday activities as an excuse that I "exercised" today. Starting tomorrow, I will get off my fat ass, get down on the floor and do 100 pushups throughout the day. NOT all at once. Maybe 10-20 each session, but before the day is done, I will have done 100 "GOOD" pushups. The good ol pelvic thrust bending of the back or the head bob towards the floor WON'T count. 100 GOOD PUSHUPS. It doesn't cost me anything and I don't need any special equipment other than the floor which I already have. Wish me luck!!

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
​After 38 years in one house we are making a move. I did not know we are hoarders or pack rats. NO MORE! We have and are throwing a lot of stuff (JUNK).

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
​After 38 years in one house we are making a move. I did not know we are hoarders or pack rats. NO MORE! We have and are throwing a lot of stuff (JUNK).

Whats scary is the amount we have in our house after only 10yrs. We are moving out to the farm after winter so it has been Junk throwing sessions at 2 houses. Not truly sure if I have a resolution or not but there are going to be a lot of life changes coming in 2020.
I guess if I'm going to pick a couple off the top of my head it would be spend more time with my girls (hopefully will get to help coach my daughters softball team again, I really enjoyed that this year) and with some potentially busy/stressful times on the horizon temper control and a better word filter wouldn't be a bad idea.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did not keep my resolution last year ---- it was to fish more --- --- you young bucks ---- fish as much as possible as life gets in the way later on in life -- trying to keep everybody happy

I will try this again --- to fish more and more often!!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did not keep my resolution last year ---- it was to fish more --- --- you young bucks ---- fish as much as possible as life gets in the way later on in life -- trying to keep everybody happy

I will try this again --- to fish more and more often!!

I saw it coming so I did. Some thought I fished too much. Now I bitch about not getting out enough just like the old keyboard blowhards.

P.S. Fishing a crap ton was fun.

Sincerely,

Captain Ahab

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enjoy life and lifes pleasures while you are young as we grow old way too fast also some of us have had health problems that definitely get in the way of having fun!

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
We just moved as well 15 years at same place. Just closed on old house today. I hear ya on being hoarders where does all the shit come from

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Excellent idea, send guns, ammo and fishing gear this way.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to try and fish and hunt as much as I did last year.
Well maybe a little more fishing with what I got for Christmas "in pics"! :;:thumbsup

My dad received a bad diagnosis yesterday, so I'm going to try to make this year extra special.

20191212_164632.jpg

Last edited:

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Going to try and stay up past 9 o/c every night

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I always watch the 6pm news cause my eye lids never make it to 10pm.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Resolutions are a horseshit excuse for 90% of the population to "try" something in which they will eventually give up and fail (me included). Fuck New Years Resolutions -- stay mentally strong and make life changes or just enjoy life the way you've been living it and be happy.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I watch the 6 o/c news to, seems like I can't make past 7:30

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Resolutions are a horseshit excuse for 90% of the population to "try" something in which they will eventually give up and fail (me included). Fuck New Years Resolutions -- stay mentally strong and make life changes or just enjoy life the way you've been living it and be happy.

I agree that most people will try and give up in the first month or so. BUT, if we didn't have a yearly day where it was expected for people to look back and reflect on their life, I believe that a lot of people would never even attempt to make their lives better, EVER. They would degenerate into something much worse than they are now. Some people make changes throughout their whole lives without the need of a special day to do so. Some people need it to be forced to look at their shitty lives and at least know that they need to do better. It would never happen with some people otherwise. Just my take on this view...

- - - Updated - - -

My resolution is the same as it always is. Be better than I was yesterday. Eat healthy, exercise, further my education, have more fun...and stay sane doing it all! I've got kids that need my attention more than anything, so a lot of my other aspirations are further down the list...

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
After losing my mother just before Christmas I had to reflect on her life. I know, for sure, she has been granted access to heaven. That woman prayed, not only daily, but hourly. She would say 500 rosaries per year, at least. When able, she was at daily Mass, until she was limited on mobility. One of the items she left behind was a devotional prayer book. I now have that prayer book and probably need some time in my day to crack a page, or two.

My resolution is that it's probably time to make a daily life change and prepare my own life for its limited existence on this life. As I inch toward 60 I believe there are more important things, such as this, than Netflix in the recliner. Now, mind you, I don't mind some time in the recliner! However, there are a few more constructive things out there... and a few prayers, reading devotional book, and reflection on life would probably account for something more constructive.

This, my friends, is more important than beer, television, YouTube, etc... hard to imagine, but it is. God Bless you all into becoming better men, hubbies, etc. in the coming decade.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76