Poop socks and underwear

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
So who else is laughing about the picture of a shit and a sock and shitty underwear on the front page all the time. The article about people trashing the ice is usually true, but this obviously wasn't someone who had defacing the countryside on their mind, decisions and sacrifices were made on the ice that day. :;:smokin

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw that and thought same thing. Somebody experienced some major trauma/drama.

- - - Updated - - -

Of all the “crap” that can be left on the ice, that seems like one I would possibly be guilty of if found in similar circumstances.

- - - Updated - - -

Our wise authority on the matter should provide insight. @johnr

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like E-dump collateral damage. No fun for all parties to experience or witness.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was funny at first, now it just needs to go away haha. A place on a lake is something I've always dreamed of but I tell ya what, one that experiences the level of junk washing up on the shore that the ones in the article claim I think I'll pass on. It reminds me of when I stopped by Van Hook for a visit 4th of July weekend and I thought I bet this place is nice....In January. Gosh I think I'm just getting old.

- - - Updated - - -

206CC419-1C3E-403E-A37C-FDCDE7DCCF94.jpg

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Those of us who ice-fish I'm pretty sure we've all experienced the need to take care of business while on the ice. Truth is that is biodegradable and will be absorbed into the water. Then we get to drink that water, or at least some if it may enter our mouth if we swim in that lake. I have a lake home on a popular ice-fishing lake. For me what floats up on my shore is more likely to come from shore fishermen than ice fishermen. Ice fishing in my experience is more likely to float up leftover stuff that is usually wood or foam. In either case it's about littering. All outdoorsmen need to be conscious of cleaning up after ourselves. Common decency can be a powerful solution to many problems.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who in their right mind takes a picture of someone else's pile of crap and crap covered sock and underwear?? And then uses that picture for an article that you are writing??

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Red Lake has seem many shenanigans from our party over the course of nearly a decade. But nothing tops "The Obelisk."

As so often happens, our annual trip to URL coincided with a nasty cold front. Double-digits below zero and ground-blizzard white outs are the norm, and this particular year was no different. But just like you can't keep a good man down, you also can't keep a 30-something guy with a bottomless mug of Rum-and-cokes from visiting every house to say "hiya Fuckers, anybigguns?"

Rum Guy made it to our shack after dark -- so 5-ish -- and stayed long enough to lose a few bucks at dice, nearly drop his cell phone down a hole (again), then polish off a bottle of Butterscotch schnaps before leaving. He's one of my best friends, so given the hell-frozen-over conditions outside (and despite the fact he's an Eagle Scout), I worried he'd make it back to his shack safely.

The next morning after some hair-o-the-dog and gut-rot coffee, I went out to see who was having vehicle trouble -- also a yearly tradition. Sure enough, it was the guy with the brand spanking new GMC. Dimwit didn't know the truck was already running, kept trying to start it after the fact, then flooded it.

While we worked on the truck, Rum Guy came out of the shack to assist. We got to talking, and I asked what he conquered after leaving the night before.

"Oh I gotta tell ya, I passed out in my bunk but didn't make it long."

"Puked, eh?"

"No, worse! I woke up and my stomach just hurt. Like, bent me over. I didn't have Pepto, so thought quick and guzzled some toothpaste. That did the ticket for a bit, but I knew I had to hit the shitter. I threw on my stuff, grabbed a roll of TP, then raced outside. I got almost halfway and knew that was it."

Then he pointed out amidst the stark whiteness that is a frozen lake in winter and I saw it. The Obelisk. Somehow it stood staunchly erect, like a statue to some great feat of strength. A bit of TP flicked around as the wind caught it.

"Did you plan it that way??" I said, choking back tears and trying not to laugh.

"Nope, didn't even notice it until this morning. I should have taken a picture with the sunrise. It was a thing of beauty."

I wish he would have. I'd have printed that sucker on a giant canvas and wrapped it for Christmas.

Last edited:

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i saw that and wondered why?
I moved my portable off the bite to take a dump. drilled a hole then went back to fishing couple minutes later a pickup up and cleans the hole. the guy threw his scooper and left

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I first saw it sitting at my desk at work while I was starting to eat lunch... I was not impressed! Lol

Now that damn pic always seem to pop up.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shit in my buddies fish house, because the moment was of our most urgency. He fished the rest of the day outside.
shitting on the ice is one of my favorite nonbathroom places to shit.
I drilled into someone’s shit hole once, was pretty unpleasant

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used my hand and about ten handfuls of snow. It actually worked really well, not one skid mark! You just have to man up and take the cold, and then wash the one hand really good. I had no T.P. or anything, and no time to get creative. After the first 3 handfuls of snow it gets easier.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy decided it was a good idea to use dryer sheets to wipe with out in the boat because that's all he could find, 10 mins later he was using the biggest ice chunks outta the cooler he could find to ice his bum. We still laugh about it to this day. And here I thought another buddy that used a rock was bad..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74