1. Back To Top    #1
    Bronze Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 25

Tires

Time to get new tires for my 1/2 ton. What’s everyone running that you’d recommend(or wouldn’t buy again!)?

0 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,815
    Given: 1,968
    Classifieds
    Goodyear dura Tracs love them. Not impressed with toyo open country run them on our work trucks.

6 Not allowed!
    Carson Wentz= GOAT
    ”My balls was hot” Derick the black beast Lewis

3. Back To Top    #3
    VIP Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,345
    Given: 1,998
    bfg ko2's...

3 Not allowed!
    please do not judge me... i'm a minority... a "taxpaying american"...

4. Back To Top    #4
    Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 278
    Classifieds
    Cooper at3 love them

4 Not allowed!
    Nothing beats a classic!!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,180
    Given: 1,278
    Classifieds
    I also like my bfg at ko2s. Tried others. These have never gave me a reason to bitch.

2 Not allowed!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 539
    Kanati trail hog a/t, drive from fargo to Devils lake all too often and lack of highway noise and/or wear is all too impressive as well as their work in snow/mud.. Price on eBay blew me away.. (Until I recommend them and stab myself in the rearend anyway..)

Disclaimer : "if" you drive lots of gravel this tire throws rocks horribly and you will have to be courteous to oncoming traffic. Slow down and/or pull over to a crawling speed unless you don't care about your brethren's windshields..

0 Not allowed!
    #GOFISH

7. Back To Top    #7
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,191
    Given: 920
    I run 10-ply Hankook ATMs on my 3/4 ton. Like them so much that I wouldn't think twice about putting a 4-6 ply version on a half-ton. Cupping can be a problem with Ford's suspension if they aren't rotated regularly, I do mine every 5-7k. They aren't the cheapest option out there though.

3 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Allen; 10-08-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

8. Back To Top    #8
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,121
    Given: 285
    Classifieds
    I second hankook ATM’s. 3 others guys I know run them and also have nothing negative to say.

1 Not allowed!
    The green hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Classifieds
    The hankooks were second on my list after 5 months of research. With out more info it’s hard to really narrow it down.

0 Not allowed!
    Carson Wentz= GOAT

10. Back To Top    #10
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,480
    Given: 393
    Classifieds
    Hankook ATM for me.

1 Not allowed!
    Train Hard. Hunt Easy

11. Back To Top    #11
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 494
    Given: 1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter00 View Post
    Cooper at3 love them
    These...best truck tires I ever ran...but do wear a little quick...so expect to replace every 25 to 30K miles.

0 Not allowed!

12. Back To Top    #12
    Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 379
    Given: 0
    Hankooks 10 Ply, noisy on highway, rock throwers but good mileage

0 Not allowed!

13. Back To Top    #13
    Ultimate VIP Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,492
    Given: 1,798
    Cooper AT3. Great in the snow and at least 50 thousand miles per change out. A lot of people might run them longer but I like a little meat on the tread for winter.

0 Not allowed!

14. Back To Top    #14
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,368
    Given: 314
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtr View Post
    Goodyear dura Tracs love them. Not impressed with toyo open country run them on our work trucks.
    What don't you like about the Toyo's? I've kind of narrowed my search to them because they seem to get good reviews and i can get a C-rated 6 ply in my size rather than a E-10ply. What rating is on the work trucks, P-rated?

I had coopers at the top of my list but i keep reading a lot of mixed reviews on them. A lot of people say they can be almost impossible to balance.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bfishn; 10-08-2018 at 07:33 AM.

15. Back To Top    #15
    Gold Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 31
    I used to be a pretty solid Bridgstone Revo person, still have them on my 3/4 ton and like them in the snow and on icey roads. 30-40k is about all I get out of them on the 3/4 ton. Have had sets go 50-60k on my 1/2 tons. Ended up with BFG A/T KO 2s on my half ton because they were the only 10 ply tire in the size I needed (20"s). Just about ready to change them out (will change once winter officially arrives) and I'll be really close to 70k miles on this set which is pretty impressive. With that said, they were awesome in the snow, but a little sketchy on ice. The rubber compound of the BFG quite a bit harder than the Revo's. I think the revo's rode a little nicer also.

Had Toyo Open Country's and also some Wild Country ATs back in the day. The Toyo's had decent traction but wore out faster than I could replace them on my 3/4ton (20-25k miles). The wild country's were just plainly worthless! stuck on wet grass and were shot by 30k, lesson learned! Pretty sure I'll be putting another set of BFGs on my 1/2 ton within the next month or so, that is unless Bridgstone gets their Revo 3's out soon which are supposed to be in the size I need. If they're available I might give them a go.

0 Not allowed!

16. Back To Top    #16
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,473
    Given: 2,253
    Put Hankook ATM's on my 3/4 ton and pulling a two horse trailer could hardly keep it on the road. I remembered my best friend from high school telling me a similar story about a year earlier. Called him and those were the very same tires. He went to pick up his brand new camper right after putting the tires on. He could hardly keep it on the road either. Took it right in and told em to get those tires off and put something else on and the issue was gone. So I took mine in and they played with tire pressure and it didn't help. So they swapped the front and rears around and the issue went away. So obviously two of those tires were fubar. I couldn't rotate tires after that. Thankfully I never had to. Traded it off last spring. So if you buy Hankooks and you have this issue you'll know it isn't your truck.

- - - Updated - - -

Put Hankook ATM's on my 3/4 ton and pulling a two horse trailer could hardly keep it on the road. I remembered my best friend from high school telling me a similar story about a year earlier. Called him and those were the very same tires. He went to pick up his brand new camper right after putting the tires on. He could hardly keep it on the road either. Took it right in and told em to get those tires off and put something else on and the issue was gone. So I took mine in and they played with tire pressure and it didn't help. So they swapped the front and rears around and the issue went away. So obviously two of those tires were fubar. I couldn't rotate tires after that. Thankfully I never had to. Traded it off last spring. So if you buy Hankooks and you have this issue you'll know it isn't your truck.

1 Not allowed!

17. Back To Top    #17
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfishn View Post
    What don't you like about the Toyo's? I've kind of narrowed my search to them because they seem to get good reviews and i can get a C-rated 6 ply in my size rather than a E-10ply. What rating is on the work trucks, P-rated?

I had coopers at the top of my list but i keep reading a lot of mixed reviews on them. A lot of people say they can be almost impossible to balance.
    They are the 10 ply and i will have to look but think p rated. I run the duratracs on my personal pickup a half ton toyota and got 60 thousand on the set i took of and if i wasnt taking it to idaho i would have kept running them but dont want to take any chances as the roads out there will but shit to the test. On a side not if any one needs some 275 75 r18 for a couple hundred let me know.

Name:  tire tread.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  119.2 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to put what I don’t like. Not very good traction seem to puncture easily compared to other tires. Feel squishy when hauling with a trailer

0 Not allowed!
    Carson Wentz= GOAT

18. Back To Top    #18
    Silver Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 196
    Classifieds
    my vote goes to the hankooks. ive had pretty good luck with mine. 50k out of em so far and i drive a lot of gravel. they are getting close to the end of their life tho.

i cant say i would recommend the duratracs. they do have their place in the mud. but gravel will chew threw them in no time. especially if your pulling alot. also they do not belong on ice whatsoever.
    just my 2cents.

0 Not allowed!

19. Back To Top    #19
    Gold Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 111
    I have been running Falken Wildpeak AT3W's for about 13 months and 30,000 miles. Good in snow/rain, quiet, and got them for a good price relative to their size (P275/60R20).

Name:  51NujS9x0hL._SX425_.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  34.6 KB

1 Not allowed!

20. Back To Top    #20
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 548
    Given: 835
    I put Falken Wildpeaks on a 1500 silverado before selling it. Only ran the tires for about 8k, so not much to say about the wear on them. They were 10ply, so heavy for the truck, but I had 10ply on before those as well. The wildpeaks felt really hard, like feel a lot of the road hard. They also didn't seem the best on the ice, probably because they were so hard and got harder when it got cold. They did ok in the snow. I feel like they would wear good, just because of how hard they were.

I just put BFG KO2s on my 2500HD gasser. Only probably 1,500 miles on them, but they are good so far, quiet and good on the little bit of slick roads we've had already.

0 Not allowed!
    She was eating cookies like Nabisco needed their bags back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast