0 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #22
    Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 99
    So instead of a 5-7 year draw for 4C or 4D, you want to make it what, 20-25 years?

1 Not allowed!

3. Back To Top    #23
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,191
    Given: 920
    I've seen a few mule deer that would easily fit right in with the above.

Problem is...they've generally been on private, pay for hunt land for very rich southerners.

A couple I've seen on public were awfully thankful I had a whitetail tag in years past.

Then again, there was a nice one I completely shit the bed on and missed at around 50 yards one year. Nobody to blame on that one but me.

A few weeks ago I dropped off some busy work for the taxidermist and he had a ND mount he was working on that was really nice. I didn't have my tape measure with, but he noted the G2 was 22", I had no reason to doubt him as it was a dandy!

For as stupid as we can be about antlers, there are an awful lot of damn nice deer that have been taken in this state the past several years that stack up well with deer from outside of ND.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatrock View Post
    So instead of a 5-7 year draw for 4C or 4D, you want to make it what, 20-25 years?
    Nope, but you just need to have a rural mail carrier deliver your mail.

1 Not allowed!
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,514
    Given: 36
    [QUOTE=5575;220458]Well I hunt allot up there and down here and live in western ND. I also score quite a few of the bigger contests in western ND so I have somewhat of an idea of what this state is capable of.
    There are allot of great nontypicals that are killed each year here that just didn't get a chance to get another year or two or three more on them. It is what it is I guess. It would be cool if they even just made a handful of units trophy units with more limited tags with point restrictions just to see what could be. Heck I think a 4 point a side or better rule should be in place for anything west

The NDGF raised Muley doe tags haha. Jeb told me that Muleys had exceeded landowner tolerance levels in areas. I’ve heard it all haha.

0 Not allowed!

5. Back To Top    #25
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,368
    Given: 314
    Quote Originally Posted by Enslow View Post
    ]Well I hunt allot up there and down here and live in western ND. I also score quite a few of the bigger contests in western ND so I have somewhat of an idea of what this state is capable of.
    There are allot of great nontypicals that are killed each year here that just didn't get a chance to get another year or two or three more on them. It is what it is I guess. It would be cool if they even just made a handful of units trophy units with more limited tags with point restrictions just to see what could be. Heck I think a 4 point a side or better rule should be in place for anything west

The NDGF raised Muley doe tags haha. Jeb told me that Muleys had exceeded landowner tolerance levels in areas. I’ve heard it all haha.
    There are an ass ton of does and fawns out there right now from what I've seen. I'm not surprised they would open up the doe tags a bit more, hopefully they don't go crazy though.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bfishn; 10-11-2018 at 07:37 AM.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,912
    Given: 1,831
    Classifieds
    [QUOTE=Bfishn;220500]
    Quote Originally Posted by Enslow View Post
    There are an ass ton of does and fawns out there right now from what I've seen. I'm not surprised they would open up the doe tags a bit more, hopefully they don't go crazy though.
    I concur with the ass ton of muley does out there they're flipping everywhere and not exactly a shortage of whitetail either.

1 Not allowed!

7. Back To Top    #27
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 127
    I feel like a junkie looking at this thread knowing i wont be chasing deer out west this year. Then is snows half a foot. F

0 Not allowed!

8. Back To Top    #28
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,514
    Given: 36
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags2.0 View Post
    ?
    The 2.0 that’s new.

- - - Updated - - -

I have never once heard a landowner complaint about too many Muleys out west in the badlands.

0 Not allowed!

9. Back To Top    #29
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,180
    Given: 1,278
    Classifieds
    besides the numbers being up, they also appear stupid as hell. no care in the world for me or my apparent lack of killing skills.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by espringers; 10-11-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12