Fish House insurance, registration, yada yada

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here’s the scoop: bought a fish house frame. I built the fish house. Now I want to insure it. My insurance agent (same guy as Rodgers and Mahomes) wants a VIN number. I don’t have one and don’t care to get one. Agent says: how can you prove it’s yours if stolen. I say: I built the thing and have a 1000 pictures. Pretty sure I’ll know if it’s mine or not. It’s a custom.

Has anyone else dealt with this? What does one NEED to do. I’m looking to get by as easy as possible.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had my agent insure it under an equipment number I generated with the G&F. I said that a thief could easily grind off any number on the frame. My documentation for the build is second to none. I would have no problem proving it was mine in the event it was stolen and recovered.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m curious why some are asking though. Are you in the same situation?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
When it comes to insurance, pictures, pictures, and more pictures!!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Insurance is a racket. Send me the money you will spend on insurance premiums and when something happens I'll come out and kick you in the nuts and we'll call it good. :D

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Insurance is a racket. Send me the money you will spend on insurance premiums and when something happens I'll come out and kick you in the nuts and we'll call it good. :D

See the “Ice house break-ins” thread. I agree that insurance salesman and lawyers are tied for first place for worlds biggest sleaze balls.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My insurance agent took a picture of the house and wrote specifics, no problem. Also have never had a problem with my agent in any claim I've filed. Can't say the same about an agent who I bought life insurance from. Would like to sue his ass but realize part of the problem was my fault for not keeping informed. Since he was getting a share of every premium check sent in I assumed he would keep up. The old rule of assuming makes an ass out of u and me is true.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76