Alumacraft Tournament Pro boat

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm still looking for a new to me boat. Anyone run one of these? 2006 year class? Any concerns or anything specific to look at when checking it out? Pros, cons?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm still looking for a new to me boat. Anyone run one of these? 2006 year class? Any concerns or anything specific to look at when checking it out? Pros, cons?

I have had a 2004 TP 175 tiller since it was new.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must like? Have you had any issues with the boat itself? I'm looking at single console.

Last edited:

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
A boat of that vintage will have wood. Check floors and transoms very well. If you can remove anything from the transom and check for rot or moisture it will help. Floor areas prone to rot are corners that lack drainage. Other than that have the motor looked over well with compression tests (both cool and warm) with a leakdown performed when the motor is warm.

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
I had a 2001 navigator for a few years and it was a good boat. Like said above, my biggest concerns would be transom rot and motor. Side consoles are nice to fish out of but are a lot wetter and colder than a windshield boat on the rough days.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must like? Have you had any issues with the boat itself? I'm looking at single console.

I like very much.

Other than wood rot from poor storage or stupid holes in the transom - no wood-built boat likes that. The TPs in those days were ruggedly built. Of all three friends who bought boats like that we all still own them and have had no problems. Very sturdy boats - that 2x hull is no joke. Mine's never had a single drop of water in it that didn't come over the side or via rain/splash. On a calm day on the water not one drop in the hull.

If that boat was stored properly I wouldn't worry about the boat proper at all. Motor is another matter. Unless it's a four stroke Johnson (Suzuki). They're bulletproof.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member

I thought you were spending your money in Mexico? :;:huh

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76