Dicks...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I should have known better. Stopped by Dicks Sporting Goods in Bismarck last night, because I was in the neighborhood and had a bit of time. Thought I'd just wander the fishing aisle, even though in the past they had very little I was interested in.

All fishing equipment is gone. Per the lonely guy at the gun counter "they took it all, about 3 weeks ago".

I asked why, and he just said "sales.."

I walked out thinking "okay, see ya never".

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didnt they destroy a bunch of ARs a while ago? Maybe they dont realize that hunters also fish... Hope they go chapter 11!

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only stop there to take a dump, just kidding I wouldn't abandon a turd in their establishment.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this was going to be a thread about people JK doesn't like.....maybe fishing in his favorite wading hole.

Maverick

Is Dick's kind of like the Blue Oyster bar in the movie Police Academy? Sounds like it anyways!

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is Dick's kind of like the Blue Oyster bar in the movie Police Academy? Sounds like it anyways!

Yea they cater to more the spandex wearing outdoorsy people ! Never been impressed with there selection for hunting and fishing selection of products, can’t wait for the Gwenyth Paltrow collection !!! 😬

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really don’t know how they can stay in business much longer in Bismarck. What’s the point of even going there anymore?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got to the parking lot at about 7:30 PM on a Monday night. No special night, but there were four customer cars out front. Four..

I would guess, at the same minute, there were between 100 and 150 cars in front of Scheels.

You go in, and it's a nice big bright clean store. The shelves are full, the merchandise is nice and bright and shiny new.

But there are no customers. I think, there weren't many customers before their gaffs on guns, but now it's a graveyard in there.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
After it’s climax in sales I think they have been slowly shrinking...eventually becoming a non-potent competitor.

24805F42-32E7-460A-A6F2-6F37282BB818.jpg

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dunham in Jmst is a graveyard also. Very few quality items. I guess they deal pretty good on firearms or they did when they first opened, from what I heard.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I should have known better. Stopped by Dicks Sporting Goods in Bismarck last night, because I was in the neighborhood and had a bit of time. Thought I'd just wander the fishing aisle, even though in the past they had very little I was interested in.

All fishing equipment is gone. Per the lonely guy at the gun counter "they took it all, about 3 weeks ago".

I asked why, and he just said "sales.."

I walked out thinking "okay, see ya never".

If there’s anything that can be said about Bismarck, it’s that there is no market for fishing equipment. If there are two things you can say, it’s make sure she’s not your cousin.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76