Burleigh County Poachers - looking for info

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=3]March 24, 2017[/h][h=3]White-tailed Deer, Turkey, Coyote Found in Burleigh County; Warden Seeks Information[/h]
North Dakota Game and Fish Department district game warden Corey Erck is searching for answers in the illegal taking, possession and dumping of four white-tailed deer, a turkey and coyote on the Apple Creek Wildlife Management Area in Burleigh County.​
Erck said he investigated the report after receiving a call March 18, and by all indications the animals were recently discarded in the area.​
The four deer and turkey were taken outside of a legal hunting season. All, including the coyote, were dumped on state land. There was evidence the deer and turkey were shot.​
Anyone with information who wants to remain anonymous is asked to call the Report All Poachers telephone number at 800-472-2121. Also, callers can contact Erck directly at 701-320-2005.​
The RAP line offers rewards for information that leads to conviction of fish and wildlife law violators.​

- - - Updated - - -

I hope someone knows something...these worthless people need to be caught

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have to be somewhat resent that road was blocked for half the winter. Was in to the T a week ago but didn't see anything odd but wasnt really looking either. Why don't they look at they heir "security camera" footage I'm sure that has to show somthing!:;:stirthepot

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure there is a camera. But there should be. Lots of drug deals down there. I was running my dogs down there off and on last fall. Lots of questionable traffic.

Have to be somewhat resent that road was blocked for half the winter. Was in to the T a week ago but didn't see anything odd but wasnt really looking either. Why don't they look at they heir "security camera" footage I'm sure that has to show somthing!:;:stirthepot

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure there is a camera. But there should be. Lots of drug deals down there. I was running my dogs down there off and on last fall. Lots of questionable traffic.

It was a pike at the signs they put up down there last year that are likely not real and or highly limited.

Screenshot_2016-06-02-11-26-37.jpg

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
found the sign, thought it would look good. if you would of seen what was camped down there for weeks on end during the oil thing maybe it would work.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did see. The guy in the blue truck from Texas was decent enough guy but was taking up the only good camping spot down there. I find the game and fish thinking they need to fence off everything now days far more annoying then the half homeless campers. Now days if you don't have a boat your going to have to go for a hike to get to just about any of the old fishing spots. I don't mind them containing the driving some but at this point it's like it's anti shore fishing especially for the older crowd that are not able to hike a mile back into the trees to get to the river.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was nice to shore fish when the road made the loop but slowly the G&F has blocked everything off. First they put a gate so you could not drive to the sand bar and then after the flood they put the fence up by end of the road that heads west.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the reasoning behind blocking all these roads? They did it to Graner, Little Heart, and Briardale.

- - - Updated - - -

Fires maybe?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
They did it everywhere now. If you go to the gun range you can no longer get to the river if you go west at the T and they blocked off most all the stuff to the right as well except a little parking area.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did see. The guy in the blue truck from Texas was decent enough guy but was taking up the only good camping spot down there. I find the game and fish thinking they need to fence off everything now days far more annoying then the half homeless campers. Now days if you don't have a boat your going to have to go for a hike to get to just about any of the old fishing spots. I don't mind them containing the driving some but at this point it's like it's anti shore fishing especially for the older crowd that are not able to hike a mile back into the trees to get to the river.
his name wasn't earnest by chance was it? ... skinny alcoholic missing 3 out of 4 teeth?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honestly can't remember his name but he had a home made blue wood topper/camper on his little S10 or whatever kind of little blue truck it is that he had. He bounced around allot of jobs but spent much of his time at Lincoln oaks Nursery last year. He lived most of last summer on the tent loop at Sibley park after the new camping rules on Apple creek that undoubtedly he was a large part of the reason they were drafted went into effect.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75