SD Card issue?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an SD card that I pulled from one of my trail cams that won't turn on or be recognized by my computer. When I stick it in there is no reaction like putting others in and when I look for it in Windows there is nothing. I tried an external card reader and still nothing it's like the card is not powering up or something. Any ideas how to fix this or get the pics off of it?

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the same thing happen look at the lock on the side of the card or if it's like mine it became compromised some how and the pics were lost

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah the first thing I checked was the lock but that isn't the problem. I think it might just be fubar.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you put it in and got no reaction? Hmm sounds like a personal problem for another thread. #$%^&>

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems to happen more often in cold weather, my cameras will say that there are photos on the card, however when it's put on the computer/card reader etc. it will either show no pictures or they will be in some strange unrecognizable format. From my experience, you are f'd on seeing pictures when that happens. That seems to be a camera/cold problem and not necessarily a card issue, try the card in your regular camera and see if pics save on it. That'll answer your question of if the card needs to be tossed.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems to happen more often in cold weather, my cameras will say that there are photos on the card, however when it's put on the computer/card reader etc. it will either show no pictures or they will be in some strange unrecognizable format. From my experience, you are f'd on seeing pictures when that happens. That seems to be a camera/cold problem and not necessarily a card issue, try the card in your regular camera and see if pics save on it. That'll answer your question of if the card needs to be tossed.

Let the card warm up first. Condensation is the devil.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are programs that can read defunct drives including sd cards. I have had to use them before and have been able to get most of the pics off of them.

Unfortunately I don't recall which program it is right now.

This may have been it - go to the section -
[h=2]Use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover data from damaged SD card[/h]https://www.easeus.com/storage-media-recovery/damaged-sd-card-recovery.html

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the tips and links guys but nothing has worked. I've tried it in a camera and it says no SD card inserted. It's like it's not even there. I think the cold destroyed it. I pulled it over a month ago and have tried everything. It's getting old and only a 2gb so I'll just scrap it. Pics were probably crap anyway.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77