USA Womens Ice Hockey- GOLD BABY!!!!

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I stayed up and watched it. It was 2am before I finally got to bed I’ve been regretting that for the past hour.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
And the Men's curling team just beat Canada to go to the Gold medal match:;:rockit

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish I would have stayed up but the recliner got the best of me eventually.
Congrats ladies!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ladies won a gold in cross country skiing also that was a excited race

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I also stayed up but I'm not all that tired today. Advantage to being retired is being able to sleep until you wake up. Great game as was the curling this morning. USA goalie showed a lot of moxie for being 20 years old in a game of that magnitude. She not only contributed hugely to this game but beat a team that can legitimately be called the best hockey program in Women't Hockey history.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stayed up to watch as well. That goalie of ours was standing on her head last night. So impressive to watch. And how about the Lamaraoux sisters? One ties it up to bring us to OT and the other scores the game winner in the shootout. So so cool!

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Lamoureux's parents still live in the cul de sac right next to mine. The girls grew up playing hockey on the English Coulee that runs behind my house. Pretty cool they both had significant scores during the game, and played real well the entire tournament.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched as the U.S. National Anthem was played as they rose the American Flag signifying the women's hockey team won gold! The women were singing and visually emotional as flag was being raised and anthem played. I think a lot of NFL spoiled brats can learn a lot from these young ladies!

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was just an awesome move. Can't believe for how well they both played a Lamoureux wasn't out there for the shootout before round 6, however. I just couldn't figure that one out, I was yelling at the TV.

I'm sure that goal and her sister scoring the tying goal will get them both a little cash for endorsements.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could not shut the TV off, so stayed up for the whole thing. The game winner in the shoot out was impressive. Pretty exciting and I'm not even that much of a hockey guy, but seems like the more I watch it the more I like it.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was just an awesome move. Can't believe for how well they both played a Lamoureux wasn't out there for the shootout before round 6, however. I just couldn't figure that one out, I was yelling at the TV.

I'm sure that goal and her sister scoring the tying goal will get them both a little cash for endorsements.

I hope they get alot of cash. They were NOT let me repeat NOT pampered when they were growing up!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the announcers said during the post game proceedings that 21 of the 23 girls on the Canadian team play their college hockey at a US university/college. So the gold metal game was really a game between the best US women hockey players that came from US colleges and the best Canadian women hockey players that came from US colleges. I guess that that makes the US women's collegiate hockey program #1 in the world!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Now the only bad thing is we will have to listen to the sisters still whine about UND ending the women's hockey program.......

Unfortunately women's college hockey is about as high a level there is for those women, but kudos to the good showing by the former UND women including the fins with a bronze

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
How big of an error would that coach have made if shoot out would have been lost with either lamourioux shooting? He got pretty lucky it played out like it did

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just watched the 7 minute recap on youtube. Brought a little tear to my eye.

Love seeing all the regional talent representing. Good stuff.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69