Hows the bite?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been tied up most of the winter with work/life etc. Haven't hit the ice in a while. Whats the overall bite like right now. February doldrums? Thinking of perch tomorrow. Whats everybody seeing in general? Slapped the extension on the k drill today.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where u going ? I've been fishing stump for last 5-6 weeks 3/4 days a week . Limits of walleyes 90% of the time . Occasionally a perch but I'm setup shallow for eyes . Mornings have been best usually limited out by 9:30 . 8-12' has been the ticket . Pm me for more info

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heading SE of Minot general area. Not sure what lake yet. I would assume perch are deepish in basins right now. First winter in a long time I have not a clue where to go. I'll cruise around and settle somewhere.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing seems to be not as good as last year but then again I fished more last year so that might have something to do with it. I haven’t caught a keeper perch all season. Went walleye fishing yesterday and caught 10 pike, it was fun though!

dragoneyes

Honored Member
Went out Sunday on a solo perch fishing trip. Sure glad i added the extension to the K-Drill as it was needed. Kind of figured it was going to to a tough bite with the barometric at a low and have not fished this slough for a few years. Moved 3 times in 30 minutes before i located some action on the vexilar,dropped a small teardrop with wax worm had some activity but not even a bite. Next tried a minnow head had them moving off bottom then right back down. Try number 3 was with a sunfish jig with a minnow head a couple inches off bottom on a dead sticks that was the ticket had a dozen in a hour using 1 line. Never was a person that had to have a limit so i left. The Bite is their just have to move and make adjustment in presentation sometimes. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56