Concrete advice needed- Mudjacking

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
Hey all, Have an area of the garage floor that has sunk in a good 2” and now has the water running towards the house instead of out of the garage. (No floor drain). Has anyone had any experience with mudjacking? Is there pros and cons to do this? Or am i better off just breaking out the garage floor and starting over? Any advice or tips is appreciated.

Thanks

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've used mud jacking before for work issues where curb/ sidewalk settle. It's a crap shoot. In my experience, works over half of the time, and typically there will be additional cracking. Good luck

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
maybe rent a concrete saw, construct a proper “jig” from wood, then cut properly slanted drain slots towards drain/sump

It’s what I would do - but I like whacky challenges like that

sometimes it pays off - ha ha

- - - Updated - - -

or cut a slot and install a french drain that intercepts any water headed there

- - - Updated - - -

galwhofishes and I installed our own drain tile along our basement walls

it was kinda “fun” in a brutal labor camp sort of way (the engineering part was neat)

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a bud that had his driveway mud jacked. Looked great the first year+ and then developed additional cracks as Big Iron notes above.

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes... used to lift houses at the air force base in minot.... just drilled holes in floor and pumped until the house is level.... I think it's a good choice for you to use mud jacking

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
How expensive is it? I have an issue with my driveway that needs to be fixed

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd invest in poly foam injection. Mudjacking doesn't last. Poly is a bit more expensive, but darn near bulletproof. We're getting bids now to get a bunch of leveling work done.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd invest in poly foam injection. Mudjacking doesn't last. Poly is a bit more expensive, but darn near bulletproof. We're getting bids now to get a bunch of leveling work done.

This was going to be my suggestion as well.

eliminator

Honored Member
There is a guy on Bisman online advertising---he will give you an estimate----we tried mine but didn't work and he told me so as he tried----was not real expensive. At least he was willing to give it a try and man enough to stop and say it is not going to work. He uses some kind of foam.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've used mudjacking before. It worked as advertised. But, cutting out the crete and laying new would have cost about the same with a bit more labor. Mine was just a shed slab. If it was in a garage, I would probably "do it right" and get rid of the old shit and poor new. Big question is what is causing the sagging?

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member

Also was going to be my suggestion. there are several companies that do this now.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
Thanks all for the information and advice.. I called a company called bison renovations here in bismarck. He came to the house right away and explained to me the process, and that he uses the polyfoam stuff for this typically concrete. Before he left he had a quote written up for me and it was very reasonable. He has to rais the floor up about 2” and has to do it to 4 pieces. Only going to charge me $700 to do it. Think thats the route im going to go.

The garage floor does not have a floor drain.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks all for the information and advice.. I called a company called bison renovations here in bismarck. He came to the house right away and explained to me the process, and that he uses the polyfoam stuff for this typically concrete. Before he left he had a quote written up for me and it was very reasonable. He has to rais the floor up about 2” and has to do it to 4 pieces. Only going to charge me $700 to do it. Think thats the route im going to go.

The garage floor does not have a floor drain.
very reasonable

eliminator

Honored Member
The guy with Bison was the guy that came to me in Pick City----he was very nice and after he tried he said it was not going to work and did not want to cause any more problems than I had. I was impressed with him and his honesty with me. I hope it works out for you.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
The guy with Bison was the guy that came to me in Pick City----he was very nice and after he tried he said it was not going to work and did not want to cause any more problems than I had. I was impressed with him and his honesty with me. I hope it works out for you.

yeah he seemed like he know what he was talking about it. not very many reviews on him, but the ones he has are all good.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74