Helix SI

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Hey guys and gals, was wondering if anyone can help me out. I took these quick snap shot this weekend with the boat out for the first time with the new Helix 7 SI. Is there something I did wrong with the transducer? I know I can widen my sides but what is the lines running from top to bottom on both sides that are straight. I know some guys said its from the motors in the water but I had both my kicker and big motor out of the water at the time of the pic, and we were doing about 1 MPH. Do I need to move it down, or up, left or right? I check the level and seems to be ok. I know its hard if your not there to see what's going on just looking for any info that can help. Never been around a unit with SI before.

Thanks,
helix.jpg

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks to me like turbulance. Aluminum boat? Near a strake along hull? Id move it left or right a few inches and level it out the best you can with the bottom of ducer very close to level with the bottom of hull.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
left side looks like its reading the turbulence from the motor (try triming up to see if that clears up)
right side could be bubbles caused by rivets or a strake (aarons comment)

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Yes aluminum boat, and both motors were out of the water.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
put your comment on Walleye Central. one mile an hour and engines out of water --- imo its some type of interference -- something that humminbird is good at.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn't the recommended speed for SI 4-5 miles per hour? Perhaps not moving fast enough. Is there a setting for surface noise rejection?

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I lift the motor a few. Notches and cruise around at 5 or troll around at 1 with the chart speed adjusted accordingly. Either way works great with mine.

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Another thing is, and ther is a couple good videos on YouTube but if your messing around with the ducer you should make the ducer level in the water. Take your boat out with the same amount of gear and live well full of water, as if you were fishing and use a 1ft level and coins to make the level where it is level. Save those coins for when you get home on a level spot in the driveway and put your level back in the same location with the same coins and use boat jack to get level same as the boat was sitting in the water , now you can level your transducer. Vids are on YouTube but I suck at transferring videos onto here

HammsRMK

Honored Member
I just wanted to give you and update. I moved the transducer over on hole and all is in good working order. I have never been so happy with a graph. I have only had one other one HA HA. Thanks for the help and input. We actually used it and caught fish, made for a happy wife.

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just wanted to give you and update. I moved the transducer over on hole and all is in good working order. I have never been so happy with a graph. I have only had one other one HA HA. Thanks for the help and input. We actually used it and caught fish, made for a happy wife.

That's good.... how far did you have to move it? You move it up or down at all or just side to side

HammsRMK

Honored Member
That's good.... how far did you have to move it? You move it up or down at all or just side to side
I put the right hole where the left where the left hole was and made a new left hole, which moved it closer to the motor. Just side to side.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

Happy Life!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85