First summer holiday in the books....

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wasn't long enough was it???? We got alittle rain during the night which in a way makes it ideal to do the activites you want during the day, it can rain in the middle of the night all it wants.

Up next is July 4th, and that my friends, is in the middle of the week this year, so whats the game plan?
Taking vacation starting that monday? Start vacation on Wed and have a 5 day weekend????. Not sure what my plans are yet, but if it was starting on Thursday, I would definitely have asked for the Friday following off, I think that will be in order next year. Where am I going? That is yet to be determined.

Glad to see most of you out fishing, by reading the reports looks , like the New Town was a zoo and lots of fish were caught, I hate crowds, but man, if the fish are biting, they biting and you just gotta go I guess.

Now its back to grind...lol...

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The advantage of being retired is that it really doesn't matter what day a holiday falls on. Every day is like Sat. Keep at it, some day you will also have that option.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
The advantage of being retired is that it really doesn't matter what day a holiday falls on. Every day is like Sat. Keep at it, some day you will also have that option.

Glad you enjoying your time! HMMM I'm like another 12 yrs out from retiring (67), but I can retire at 62.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not only did the first 90-plus streak of summer hit us, but it hit during a holiday weekend. We are absolutely swamped right now. Being busy is good, but my God -- I think every AC in the Red River Valley decided to take a shit at the exact same time.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I retired 12 years ago and am so busy I don't know how I had a job and got anything done before. Maybe we just do things slower when we get old. I know much of my strength went with the testosterone.
The best thing about retirement is we do things during the week. Campgrounds that are swamped on the week-end normally have a few openings during the week. Everyone takes off for the 4th so the following week should have campground openings.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe gas prices will drop now. At least until the 4th anyway. (Fingers Crossed)

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not only did the first 90-plus streak of summer hit us, but it hit during a holiday weekend. We are absolutely swamped right now. Being busy is good, but my God -- I think every AC in the Red River Valley decided to take a shit at the exact same time.
Thats no fun when a bunch all go down at once, thats nuts, but never fails on the first 'hot' day of the year tho.
Try living in a mobile with a metal roof and AC wouldn't put out cold air, happened to me last year and it took the guy like 3 days to come and put freon back in it, thats all it needed.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seeing a 10 cent drop all over bismarck.

I might work half days after the Fourth. I'll decide based on busch light intake.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I head to Devils lake every weekend & it just blows my mind that gas is consistently .20 cents or more cheaper than in Bismarck?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75