? Jet ski accident strawberry lake ?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone hear of an accident at strawberry lake today with serious injury? My son said he heard a jet ski hit some young girls that were tubing

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard it happened yesterday on brush lake. Supposedly someone got dumped off a jet ski n didn't have the kill cord attached. It hit a tube pulling two 10 year old girls. I heard both were air lifted n one of the girls u could see part of her brain. Not a good deal no matter which lake it happened on!

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard the same thing with the jet ski hitting the tube.
One was injured really bad as said, the text I got said one didn't make it.
I hope that's not true. :(

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not good at all.
Prayers out to all involved!
If one has a skull injury and the injury gets contaminated with all the dirty water that sure would compound the injury.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Happened on Strawberry. Not sure on hospital information laws/rules so I won't share much, but bad deal for sure. I think they were flown down to the Childrens Hospital after being in Minot.

LakerGirl123

I was there when the accident took place I was tubing with one of my friends and we got back and my mom said that there was a helicopter that took them to Minot. One girl is fine just some minor injuries but the other I have heard is on life support. My mom who used to be a nurse said that the girl who is on life support probably won’t make from the way the jet ski hit her face. The girls were hit by a standing up jet ski. The girl who is seriously injured was flown to Minneapolis. I hope everyone is sending their prayers to these girls families, friends and lives.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What are the odds of this happening? Prayers for all involved.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member

Sadly the odds are pretty good out there. I've seen some absolutely mind numbing antics on that lake on a hot summer day.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a daughter about this age who loves being pulled on the tube. This story makes me feel nauseous.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have always told my family, life is millimeters and milliseconds from good things turning to bad things happening!

- - - Updated - - -

May our Lord bless this child and her family in their time of sorrow and needs!

Last edited:

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I gotta say , I have never met these girls or their families but I got very emotional reading this , having a young child myself I can't imagine this scenerio.... really puts things into perspective. Prayers to the families , and to the young lady who lost her life .... rip... god bless .... I don't know what else to say

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
10 year olds......

http://www.myndnow.com/news/bismarc...-jet-ski-accident-in-mclean-county/1231822077

A 10-year-old Des Lacs girl died over the weekend after a jet ski accident on Strawberry Lake.

On Saturday June 9th around 2:30 p.m., a 31-year-old Minot man was operating a jet ski alone when he was ejected from the watercraft. The jet ski continued uncontrolled toward a boat towing two inner tubes carrying two people per tube. One of the tubes carrying two 10-year-old girls was struck by the jet ski.

Following the collision, the two girls were taken to shore. The young girl who died was airlifted and later passed away in a St. Paul, Minneapolis hospital. The second girl was transported by a family vehicle until they were met by a Minot ambulance, she remains hospitalized.

Alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor. The incident remains under investigation by the McLean County Sheriff's Department and North Dakota Game and Fish. At this point no charges are pending against the man who was operating the jet ski.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a whole lot of awful right there. I can't imagine the emotional penalty the whole lot of them are going to pay for all the "What-ifs" that they can't change.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76