Good landing net ?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually like to go to a store an look , hold and analyze something before I buy it but that won't be happening any time soon so I need to order to a decent snag free (rubber?) landing net. I'm looking for a big one so if a guy gets a decent size fish you don't have to chase them around and scoop them.

hoytslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cannot remember the name off the top of my head but go talk to wade at Dakota Tackle hes got some nice heavy duty ones. they run about $200. or if you wanna stay a little on the cheaper side the Ego slider isn't bad for $100

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
RS nets are great. Very solid with a great net. They are a bit expensive and heavy; but worth it.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bought a rubber one from scheels for like $50 with a large enough basket, don't remember the brand but I think it was just a frabill. I think the key is the basket size. My pops has a rubber one that's too small so if you land a bigger fish it has a trampoline effect and flies out of the basket sometimes.... almost found out this weekend myself, so I ordered his fathers day present the next day!

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Davey,
For what it's worth
I use the EGO Slider Net and like it. No reason to look for something different for me.

Fish On!

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ego slider.... haven't had any problems yet landing fish unless it's a 47" northern. I did have a problem with the rivet coming loose in the handle and had problems getting it to slide, took it in and got it replaced for free.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I purchased my EGO Slider 2 (Large) about 3 or 4 years ago and I really like it. Big fish you want to keep the fish in the water until you collapse or retract the handle to protect it. I did have an issue where the spring did let go in the handle shortly after I bought it where I could extend, but would not retract. So I was directed to contact the regional rep who sent me a replacement, no questions asked. The net has worked great ever since.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I have an Ego S2 Slider and a Beckman. Buddy has a RS Nets unit. All are good, I like the size of the Ego, but the coating on the net kinda sucks and hooks go through it fairly easy I think. I prefer my Beckman. The RS is solid also, but the Beckman is about half the weight. Benefit of RS is adjustable extension length, where with the Beckman its only a fixed extension length.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
which size/model Beckman is best all-around?

I'm a bit tired of my heavy Stowmaster - but it is 15 years old so maybe they make a lighter one these days? Love the design though.

- - - Updated - - -

STOWMASTER-TOURNAMENT.jpg

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really really like my stowmaster I have fits a 40" pike pretty easy and never have problems with them tangled up. I believe it's just the regular walleye size but I would have to measure it and double check

LiebelsGuide

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have tried the EGO, Beckman, RS, and Ranger Nets. My favorite of those is the Ranger nets, strong, lightweight, good extension length and an octagonal handle so you don't have to worry about finding the hole. I've had 2 of their nets for 5+ years and had no issues. The rubber coated on one is now in need of replacement but its gotten a ton of use. http://rangernets.com

Last edited:

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have tried the EGO, Beckman, RS, and Ranger Nets. My favorite of those is the Ranger nets, strong, lightweight, good extension length and an octagonal handle so you don't have to worry about finding the hole. I've 2 of their nets for 5+ years and had no issues. The rubber coated on one is now in need of replacement but its gotten a ton of use. http://rangernets.com

The Ranger net rooks like a great net! Any size recommendations? Handle length?

LiebelsGuide

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Ranger net rooks like a great net! Any size recommendations? Handle length?

I'm not even sure which net I have, I believe I have the tournament series with the 54-84" handle. I have one with a big hoop and one with a more normal sized hoop.

***edit*** after more looking I definitely have the tournament series nets.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76