Lowrance Fish Reveal

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I pretty much had my mind made up to get a humminbird mega 9 in the spring after hopefully a price drop. Then today was the first time I seen an ad for Lowrance with the Fish reveal update. My lowrance is too old for the update but it comes free for the Carbon, Gen3 and Elite Ti. I dont know how to post an actual ad but it looks very cool on the downscan. On the picture I saw fish were visible even towards the bottom even in weeds. I know the Birds mega is much better on the side image but after seeing what this down image all shows i wonder if it doesnt make up for the difference in quality of the side image. Does anyone have any experience with the Fish Reveal?

Founding Member
Founding Member
And then came garmin panoptics live..

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an elite 9ti w/ fish reveal and I don't see much of a difference. It overlays 2d over down imaging. I don't really see anything more than I did before running split screen. Some people love it though. I also run a helix with mega for side scan and mapping. Between the 2, I like the Helix.

tigolbitties

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been running the Fish Reveal this year on my HDS 12. It definitely makes a difference. I wasn't able to pick out fish previously on downscan. Now I can see the structure and determine if there are fish in there which I could not previously do with the downscan. It has also helped me have a clearer picture and truly know if what I am marking is a fish or if it is just clutter or maybe even baitfish.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried to install the FishReveal on my HDS 9T and was saddened to realize it was Gen 2. And I do mean sad. Ha ha. Boy that sucked.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76