Founding Member
Founding Member
This deer survived for years:

https://www.livescience.com/62819-deer-ribcage-arrow.html

deer with arrow.jpg

dwos03

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats wild!! A friend of mine shot a buck a few years back and while gutting it we noticed a lot of extra tissue like stuff in the chest cavity that wasnt normal. Well he kept cutting and let out a bit "Ouch!". Something had cut him. At first we thought it was a broken rib but herre it turned out to be a broadhead stuck in the chest cavity. We still cant believe that nothing vital was ever punctured with that thing in there! Never seen anything like it before or after.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
About 50 years ago i shot a buck with the rifle and gutted it out and we found a 3 bladed broadhead in the front shoulder area that had some tissue grown around it too. Luckily didn't cut myself but sure made for interesting topic to talk about. Had that broadhead for years now i am wondering what happened to it!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats wild!! A friend of mine shot a buck a few years back and while gutting it we noticed a lot of extra tissue like stuff in the chest cavity that wasnt normal. Well he kept cutting and let out a bit "Ouch!". Something had cut him. At first we thought it was a broken rib but herre it turned out to be a broadhead stuck in the chest cavity. We still cant believe that nothing vital was ever punctured with that thing in there! Never seen anything like it before or after.

Did the same thing on a buck with a broadhead stuck low in the brisket. The broadhead was facing backwards and the top blade sliced my pinkie finger along with the outside of my palm quite nicely when I reached up to get ahold of the wind pipe and esophagus. Somebody took a frontal shot on this deer a year or so before I took him as there was a fair bit of tissue growth around the blades. My last muzzy buck had a complete pass through from a 3 blade broadhead in front of the shoulders and about 6 inches down from his spine. The skin, muscle, and other tissue was completely healed up and I'm guessing it was a tree stand shot as you could clearly see the top entrance right through to the bottom exit wound. Tough critters!!!!

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
couple years ago I killed a doe with one front leg visibly shorter than the other. when I deboned the forearm portion it was like someone blew out a portion of bone a year or 3 before as it had completely healed and fused the bones together side to sideish. so the visual is the normally long and narrow muscle balled up and the bone nearly double wide at the point of fusion. I still can't believe she avoided the coyotes long enough to heal. VERY disappointed in myself for discarding that bone instead of having it beatled

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66