Looking for idea for day trip

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
We're off next week. (wife) 4th week. We r planning on fishing dl. But would like to do a day trip to sak. East end would be the shortest but want to go where the best bite for some nice fish. I am not looking for spots just general idea as to section. Gonna be a long day. Thoughts for our day trip

Last edited:

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
East end out of the state park has been producing. Van Hook up by New Town is probably a better bite this time of year though.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I were going fishing today (which I am not ;:;banghead)I would be going to the area from Deepwater Bay to Parshall Bay/Vanhook, almost a sure bet finding active fish somewhere in these areas right now. East end is getting better, but right now is hit and miss. I will give the east end a try the week of July 1st, if the fish aren't cooperating the first couple of days I will be trailering the boat to the areas I first mentioned.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Van hook is your huckleberry nice fish active bite I live on the lake near tobacco and I drive to pouch to dock cause it's worth it

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I realize you are pressed for time but when you are loading your boat you will be wishing you would have planned a two day trip.
You probably find more bigger fish in Devils Lake than I do but I'd sleep under the stars and swat mosquitoes all night to fish Sakakawea two days in a row because It usually takes me the best part of a day to adjust and find the fish. Shell Village, Independence point , 8 pound Island and the east slides are all places I would try . Good luck, If you get into some good fish you will be hooked.

- - - Updated - - -

Disclaimer: Not a fishing report just based off what others have said.

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
From things I heard and was told today, I will be going to the places mentioned above Tuesday morning, with the son and granddaughter. :;:rockit

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove by Van Hook today on my way home from working cattle. There must have been 75 boats in the north part of the arm visible from highway 23.

I really regretted taking the 4 wheeler instead of the boat. :mad:

NJL

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in Minot, work in New Town; and man is it rough passing by the Hook and seeing all those boats having fun out there. Right now that place is a factory, probably churning out more eyes every weekend than the rest of the state combined.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76