Warriors on the Water 2018

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey everyone. That time is coming up again. This year we are hosting our annual Warriors on the Water fishing event August 11th at Van Hook.
For those eyou who don't know about it I'll give you a quick rundown, hopefully those you fine gentleman ( and KDM) can tell you about their experience there.
Warriors on the Water started 4 years ago as a way for local sportsman to show our appreciation to those who fight for our freedom. We take out active duty and veterans for a day of walleye fishing. Everything is on us. We provide bait, food, drinks, and a BBQ after. Even some door prizes for the warriors.
But in order to do this we do need people to step up and volunteer to take these men and women out fishing. We are always looking for Captains to allow us to take on more warriors. So if you are interested please let me know, look us up on our website or check out our Facebook page.
Thanks everyone
Aaron D. received_10155569594240665.jpg

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Woohoo! I can't wait for this years event! I've got some days off before the event and hopefully the kitchen remodel will be done by then so I can spend a few days camping!

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think i'm going to try to attend it this year.... I've heard good things about it to this point.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
You poor schlepps are going to have to put up with me again!! I'll be there with Dad and my neighbor again this year.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I'm a maybe. 60/40 at the moment. Maybe 70/30. I really want to, and will try my best.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i absolutely support and recommend this event since i've had a great experience every year since the inception... i'm working through details now, and hoping to be a captain again...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kdm got a boy band shirt??? What's that make him? Sound guy?? Or back up on vocals?
Security.

- - - Updated - - -

i absolutely support and recommend this event since i've had a great experience every year since the inception... i'm working through details now, and hoping to be a captain again...
Nothing like seeing their faces when they win something. Was fun to watch my vet catch fish that day as well.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately as it stands now I wont be able to make it this year as I am scheduled to work that weekend. Really enjoyed being a captain last year and was looking forward to doing again this year but look like the work thing will be in the way. As it looks will try to make it work next year unless I figure out how to pull a fast one. GL to all partaking, enjoy and tip one for me. dukgnfsn

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kdm got a boy band shirt??? What's that make him? Sound guy?? Or back up on vocals?

I MADE the band!!!! I'll bring my kazoo and spoons.

If anyone is interested in lodging for the event, the Van Hook Territorial Inn is where we are staying. It's a nice place with room for boats and they have electrical hookups as well so you can plug your boats in at the end of the day. We'll be there a couple days early to try to find some fish. Rooms are 110 bucks or so a night. 701-627-2500 to book a room. Hope to see everyone there. It's a FANTASTIC event in spite of the fact that FishReaper is there. (Grin)

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since I'm going to paint a couple lures for door prizes, what colors would you guys like to see?

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we need a new one in KDMs honor. " Blue num nums"

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't bother honoring me. Honor the guys that show up. They deserve it more!! However, a lure with Busch Light on the sides. THAT would be COOL!!!!

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't bother honoring me. Honor the guys that show up. They deserve it more!! However, a lure with Busch Light on the sides. THAT would be COOL!!!!
Well said. And blue and silver work awesome.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Less than a month away. Anyone else decide to make the event? I'll have my dad and another veteran from my home town in my boat. The old man is an assassin with a lindy rig so look out.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be advertising for captains at the bullhead tourney. Maybe I can shame/coerce/threaten/charm a couple guys into joining us deralicts out Sak way.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74