Any help?

ducktug

I'm from Iowa but heading your way for a couple days while son is at baseball camp in Minot. Any help with a decent place to bank fish? Just thought it will help pass some time. Thanks Jamie

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are you bringing for gear and what time of day are you free? Garrison Dam tailrace is great depending on if you can fish early/late vs. midday

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't live in Minot, about 120 away but I would call some of the bait shops in Minot, can search them on google and look at out G&F site and study the fishing info is no one else answers. there is a small river going thru Minot that at times can provide decent fishing but I think the dead of summer a lot of these small rivers slow down. There is not a lot a lakes close to Minot on the G&F site but depends how far you are willing to drive. Shore fishing this time of year would stick to lakes with northern or pan fish, walleye from shore this time of year on a lake is tough. As stated tailrace is good shore fishing option but a ways away. I wish I could give more info but this is the best of my knowledge. GL and enjoy you visit to ND, go to site below and scroll down to Ward County and see a local lake list, that is the county Minot is in.

https://gfapps.nd.gov/reports/fisheries/WebpageFishingWatersCountyName.pdf
dukgnfsn

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lake Darling...25 miles north of Minot, has a fishing outlet area with plenty of shore fishing opportunities. Before I got a boat, would occasionally catch walleye and perch this time of year along the river below the dam. If nothing else, toss out a jig with half a crawler and I'm sure between the bullheads and pike some action will turn up! This time of year early morning probably best up there...

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
coal lake from shore has been good all summer I hear. I cant conform this but that's what I'm hearing.
50 miles south of minot.

pm for specifics

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
do you own any land in Iowa with good whitetails? Cause if you do I will drive 200 miles up to minot and be your personal guide all weekend!

ducktug

I will be bringing stuff for pan fish and a 7' medium rig i mess with for bigger stuff. Just fishing for fun. Mostly catch and release unless someone wants whatever i catch. Leaving tonight (Wed) head back Sat evening. Thanks for input to all.

- - - Updated - - -

Phil I wish I did.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67