Tenzing backpack

grizzlyrider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Received a tenzing backpack for a birthday gift back in April. Apparently I took the tags off if it right away. Now I am looking for washing instructions. I want to de-scent it before heading out bow hunting. Anyone know proper washing instructions for these packs?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
5 gal bucket filled with water and your sent soap. Let soak for 10 min. Slosh it around. Hang it up and rinse it off and let dry. It will take about a day to fully dry.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ozone generator in your truck and leave it in the back seat... or play the wind

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure most of today's plastics and rubbers are quite resistant - it just seems unnecessarily risky to have an oxidizer filling your cab interior just looking for stuff to eff up.

PITA stuff - that once failed things just start to fall apart which pisses a guy off - like little tiny fasteners, seals, bumpers, liners, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_cracking

- - - Updated - - -

I learned this long ago doing spectroscopic research - anything rubber-like in the lab where we often calibrated instruments with mercury lamps (which generate ozone) turned to crap in less than a year. Less than a minute after turning one of these lamps on and you smelled ozone. What a gross smell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury-vapor_lamp

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
i know it does... but i still do it because then the cab of my truck is scent free as well... i still spray it down with neutralizers as well

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find it funny whitetail hunters do all the scent stuff and guys go out west hunt for 7 days straight have camp fires and generally stink and they kill elk and deer sitting on the ground just making sure wind is in their face.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find it funny whitetail hunters do all the scent stuff and guys go out west hunt for 7 days straight have camp fires and generally stink and they kill elk and deer sitting on the ground just making sure wind is in their face.

This is very true. Only difference maybe that whitetails stick around your stand for along time. Especially if you bait

With that said I basically do nothing for scent control. If you don't play the wind you are screwed. I don't want to hear everybody's testimonies for Ozonics now either.

- - - Updated - - -

if you wore no clothes whatsoever and stood in the trees completely naked the deer would still smell you from a long ways away downwind.

and you would have misquotes bites in places you wouldn't want them

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Err, we hunters use ozone for what?

I guess I'm just not into cool new things. Especially when they aren't exactly good for ya.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
i play the wind as well, but with my scent control (while hunting) and no control while putting out bait/checking cameras I feel the deer get used to "some" human scent in the area (I have had bucks on camera 45 min after I put corn out) what the scent control does for me I feel makes the deer feel I was there but have since left the area... that being said last year I had a doe and 2 fawns with in 5 feet of me in my ground blind and on several instances deer on both sides of me while in the blind so I know my scent was either minimized to the point they thought there was no threat or because of the corn they just didn't give a shit either way what I have been doing is working so I will not change my game plan because Bambi taste so delicious and it is a rush to have a deer standing looking at you trying to figure out what you are

- - - Updated - - -

ozone destroys molecules (ALL molecules it comes in contact with get changed, it is one of the most powerful oxidizers on the planet) and since ozone oxidizes stuff your scent molecules will be human scent one second and then not human scent once oxidized by the ozone, it is also natural lightening makes ozone so deer are used to the smell

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
We use ozone to oxidize the bad cooties in swimming pool water, and I wouldn't want to breathe it long-term. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, cellular signals rot my brains.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that would be the ticket, fill a tub with water and some scent soap. Let set over night completely submerged, rinse and hang to dry

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 73