Archery season starts tomorrow!!

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone heading out west to chase mulies?

I'll be tryin to fill a couple heard reduction tags, but will head out west later this fall.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill be going after a nice whitetail i have on camera for the first couple weeks, then heading out west for a weekend late Sep. with some buddies.

Last edited:

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be staying home tomorrow night first time I've missed a opener in 16 years. Both my kids have football games tomorrow night.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I had time and money and the ability to shoot an arrow, I would be out there.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I had time and money and the ability to shoot an arrow, I would be out there.
Archery is like fly fishing, its only expensive if you make it that way. Both can arguably be the cheapest fishing/hunting also. Time is the biggest issue with archery and i think the biggest deterrent for most people.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
After the way the skeeter population surged at my place over the past week, I think I'll continue to lay low until December. I much prefer cool weather archery.

Maybe I'll get out a time or two in October, but I ain't betting on it.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks super windy on the east side of the State tomorrow evening. I'll probably wait until Saturday morning to head out. Can't wait!

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Archery is like fly fishing, its only expensive if you make it that way. Both can arguably be the cheapest fishing/hunting also. Time is the biggest issue with archery and i think the biggest deterrent for most people.

Exactly. I had been out of bow hunting for 10ish years but have more time available now then when i was in highschool/college. I went to cableas a month ago and walked out with a diamond bow 6 arrows a release and practice tips for 400ish. Ended up ordering more arrows and broad heads but still well under 550 bucks for my set-up. I know a few guys who have 1500 plus dollars invested in their setup

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
This will be my first year bow hunting. A doe will be fine with me, more meat in the freezer!

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't picked up my bow in over 10 yrs but I have decided to dust it off it's an old golden eagle compound which was used when I purchased it yrs ago lol it still shoots straight I'm good to 30yrdz took some practice but I feal confident I put my old camera up and got some does coming in so now I have to decide if I can wait for a buck lol do you guys still sit in your stands when you don't have bucks on film or do you wait for pics

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
For me, if I am going for a buck, I have tracked down the a couple weeks when bucks will come. I won't go in and bugger the spot to scratch that itch of sitting in a stand. If I want, I can sit on my deck and get bit by misquotes and shoot at a target. Better off picking up the shotgun and trying for some doves.

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not hunting but I'm pumped anyway because it means fall is here, and it's my favorite time of year!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Might dust off the old Jennings Super Two. It is maybe older then half the guys on this site. Still shoots well to 30 yards which is my limit of distance. Then there is the Fred Bear take down recurve or the Browning Nomad compound that's 35 years old. Nice compact light weight wood bow that I got about 6 deer with. Decisions. Decisions what should I do?

- - - Updated - - -

Side note to Vollmer. Do the NDA stickers come with black letters, The white ones I got this spring will not snow up to well on a white Alumacraft. PM me if you want.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My wife and I will be in the badlands. Wont get to hunt til tomorrow morning though. She is 5 months pregnant so this will be her only trip to chase mulies this year. Hoping she can fill her tag on a mulie or whitetail early. She will have first opportunity all weekend.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best of luck to all you ND bow hunters. I have a couple weeks left here in MN...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77