Pack sling/gun bearer

ndweimer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought a new Kuiu pack last year, and realize I need to do something different while slinging the rifle with it. The options I see are the Kuiu rifle pack accessory kit, the Kifaru gun bearer, or maybe the Pak Rat. Sick of my rifle sling sliding off the while wearing the pack. Anyone try any of these options or know of something better?

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Kifaru, it's pretty sweet. Really like being able to draw the rifle without taking off my pack.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The kifaru is awesome it carries my 13 pound rifle very well and i like having access to the gun at all times. Now if you hook a kifaru on a kuiu i dont know but i could see some kind of nuclear reaction. hahaha

that is just a joke for the serious people there is some back story there

- - - Updated - - -

here a couple picks i had when i was board and wanted to see what full load out weighed.

gun bearer.jpggun berer 2.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer Stone Glacier's solution vs. Kifaru's. Going to try a Slingamarig Frankenstud this fall (yes, it's a real thing).

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha - I get tired just looking at all that stuff

- - - Updated - - -

that looks like the only way to carry though

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer Stone Glacier's solution vs. Kifaru's. Going to try a Slingamarig Frankenstud this fall (yes, it's a real thing).

Aren't the sg and Kifaru essentially the same. I have had my top strap so the gun is behind like on the sg and like that to. Another way I have is run the bucket on back of the pack and strapped in the center if you don't need access right away. I wish some one had the xcurve around here just to try it out.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The kifaru is awesome it carries my 13 pound rifle very well and i like having access to the gun at all times. Now if you hook a kifaru on a kuiu i dont know but i could see some kind of nuclear reaction. hahaha

that is just a joke for the serious people there is some back story there

- - - Updated - - -

here a couple picks i had when i was board and wanted to see what full load out weighed.

84747.jpg13437236_505968016260580_221339933_n.jpg

What contour of barrel and make do you have on your rifle?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had my top strap so the gun is behind like on the sg and like that to.

Much prefer having the rifle behind me rather than the muzzle in my face and in the way for glassing.

Downside to the SG is it's a bear to get back into place without taking the pack off.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Much prefer having the rifle behind me rather than the muzzle in my face and in the way for glassing.

Downside to the SG is it's a bear to get back into place without taking the pack off.

Any chance you have attached the SG sling to a kifaru pack?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any chance you have attached the SG sling to a kifaru pack?

No, but I suspect with a little bit of nylon web strap magic one could figure it out.

Last edited:

tedthorn

Hello guys

My name is Ted Thornburgh

I am the inventor of the Frankenstud Slingamarig Sling Stud back pack accessory.

This lightweight aluminum and srainless back pack attachment when used properly will prevent a slung rifle from slipping or falling off your shoulder during a hard no hands climb.

Being brand new to this site I will try to attach pictures.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hello guys

My name is Ted Thornburgh

I am the inventor of the Frankenstud Slingamarig Sling Stud back pack accessory.

This lightweight aluminum and srainless back pack attachment when used properly will prevent a slung rifle from slipping or falling off your shoulder during a hard no hands climb.

Being brand new to this site I will try to attach pictures.

Is there a way this works without having to punch a hole through the strap?

tedthorn

No

The studs heart and soul is the attachment to the pack. By attaching it through the strap via the supplied aluminium washer and stainless steel screw it literaly becomes an anchor that wont allow your slung rifle from slideing or falling off your shoulder.

I am having trouble attaching pictures and am not allowed to attach a link just yet but if you Google Frankenstud Slingamarig Sling Stud you will get pictures of our patent pending made in the USA solution to slung rifles falling off shoulders

tedthorn

It is a 1/4" diameter hole.

Melted through with a small heated nail or wire.

By melting the hole you fuse (seal) all the fibers and this methode makes a very clean hole.

All hidden of course by the sling stud.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you cringing thinking about punching a hole in the kifaru shoulder strap? I like the idea

Doesn't bother me any, but if I were to re sell it I'm sure it'd bother some.

- - - Updated - - -

No

The studs heart and soul is the attachment to the pack. By attaching it through the strap via the supplied aluminium washer and stainless steel screw it literaly becomes an anchor that wont allow your slung rifle from slideing or falling off your shoulder.

I am having trouble attaching pictures and am not allowed to attach a link just yet but if you Google Frankenstud Slingamarig Sling Stud you will get pictures of our patent pending made in the USA solution to slung rifles falling off shoulders

Do guys secure the butt somehow? Or can you get around pretty good hands free in some rough terrain? Looks like in a couple pictures you still got your hand back there to keep the butt from flopping around.

tedthorn

The butt is not secured and is free to move around. The studs sole intention is the hunter can use his/her rifle just like they always did but with the confidence that they wont have it fall or slide off and be dropped

tedthorn

Last post and maybe I can attach some links to some reviews and pictures. Since Photobucket decided to block most of my pics some of the links look like crap now days.

www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12253775/1

- - - Updated - - -

One last one

www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12259225/1

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108