Tagged Out

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I had a fun weekend. I sat Friday night, and had a dozen deer come in. One worthy of shooting, but I decided to wait. On Saturday, a buddy had his kid sit in the stand, and he had a dozen bucks under him. Four nice ones. He even had a spike rub his horns on the ladder stand he was sitting in. He ended up flinging an arrow, but missed high. Still, a really cool night for the youngan. I ended up sitting the same spot on Sunday night. I felt a little leary about it being the third night in a row being occupied, but we had a couple nice bucks on cam, so I sat there regardless. I got in the stsnd at 5:30, and had no action until 8:00. Just before dark, I still had only seen three bucks, and only one spike within shooting range. At the final minutes, I seen two broad shouldered bucks coming at me from across the draw. The front one was clearly nicer, and the rack looked wide. I readied up, and hoped he would get to me quick. I was sitting at the only water hole I know of in a wide radius. He ended up walking straight to me at a steady pace, then stopped 15 yards straight in front of me. I pulled to full draw, and waited for him to turn. There was only a couple of minutes left for shooting time. As he turned, I flung my arrow. I heard the thud, and hoped it was a good shot. I watched him run off about 75 yards, and then stop. I could see the arrow wound in his chest through my binoculars. About 30 seconds later he dropped. It was an exhilarating hunt, and I look forward to getting my son on his first this year.

IMG_0499.jpg

Attachments

IMG_1065.jpg
Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very very nice! Congratulations!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
More fall fishing or bird hunting for you now. Good job.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
After shrinkage he'll go 158" AFTER deductions. Very symmetric. I'd take symmetry over a bunch of junk inches any day!!!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It sounds like an excellent weekend of hunting. You're a quality guy that I'm proud to know!

You did a really nice thing taking a kid along and letting have "his" evening of hunting. The fact that he missed doesn't matter in the slightest, the important part is he was there and got to see some nice deer and even got a shot.

Congrats on a very nice buck! What time is dinner?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Thanks everyone. It is all diced up and ready for processing. This one will likely be all lunch meat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62