Fn theives

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So last fall I had all my tackle stolen out of my garage. I never started a thread about it but may have mentioned it a bit on a few others. Long story short, I cashed an insurance check, of about 2k. I found some of it at an apt building a few blocks away, but not the main tackle box, but did recover my GLoomis.

So now last night I was searching bisman, and I'm 99% sure I found a guy trying to a bunch of MY CRANKBAITS. I flagged the add to bisman but that's it so far. When you click on contact seller, a phone number pops up and it says he is in Belcourt. The add says St John ND. He actually has a pic of his mug with 6 crank caddys . I'm not sure what to do. I know BIA police are worthless and won't do shit. They already proved that to me when they wouldn't charge the asshole that I caught redhanded with my stuff. So I'm looking for ideas to F with this guy selling stolen shit on bisman. He knows its stolen, I doubt he was part of the theft though. Oh and his add is classic, Says... I have 118 cranks for sell, I'm just not a crank bait fisherman... Well how is it you are in possession of all those cranks? Many have been discontinued so you have to specifically look for those cranks on EBay.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry for your loss, I know that feeling. Sad deal but thieves have so many rights that even if you catch the culprit red handed they get off . The best thing you can do is forget about it and be glad you at least cashed an insurance check. For self gratification you can try connect the dots VIA social media. 118 cranks was a decent search phrase, I've never heard of him.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder why this thread doesn't show up under recent activity? I just want to F with him a little. If I had Facebook I'd go there and let everyone know. I plan on calling that number at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

V, can you move this to general discussion?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
To be fair and to save yourself from getting in hot water I'd be sure to call and confirm this before dragging him through the mud. Ask specific questions that can confirm that they were yours in the first place and where and how long ago he got them. Could be that they are not the stolen ones you had or he could be a nice honest guy that has no clue they are hot. Most honest people would be willing to cooperate and explain.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell him your a collector looking for specific cranks that you will pay premium price for. If you figure out it's him offer him five to six times the actual value if he meets you in ??????? Make it at least 500 miles.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh, I plan on calling him. I will first request more pics of all the cranks. The one box has a bunch pictured that are discontinued. Same brand and colors I purchased on EBay. Plus the others are not very popular, but I used them in the 90's and they still work. Even my fishing partner said it looks like all the ones I had.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell him your a collector looking for specific cranks that you will pay premium price for. If you figure out it's him offer him five to six times the actual value if he meets you in ??????? Make it at least 500 miles.

Haha what ever you do, Don't take this advice . A criminal would smell that trap a mile away. Besides they are lazy, Its easier to throw them away and steal something else that will sell than drive 500 miles to sell a few crank baits.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
After texting him and him sending me pics of all the cranks, I'm sure they're mine. I called him and we talked, and he offered to send them to me. He said he traded his snowmobile for them. Well if he sends them I told him I'd send him $100 plus shipping for a reward and being a stand up guy. We'll see how it works out.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well....ol Hobie never sent them, and after I said I would give him $200 for a reward. The ad is still up on Bisman. Is St. John on the rez? If not I should call the cops and see if they can rattle his cage.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Should have had him meet you off the Rez at Devils lake. That Rez up there is not worth confronting him in. Dam BIA is corrupt and don't give a shit about property stolen from non natives.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75