Grouse numbers

bowhuntnd

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone make it out this weekend curious to see what numbers everyone else was seeing . We saw way more numbers then we did last year. Managed 3 guy limits. Game and fish said numbers were down in our area. But putting some boots to the ground seems to make me think they didn't look to hard.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Grouse. Also goes by the names "Grouchs" or "flying carp".

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seen tons of young ones didn't want to fly would run on the hillside in front of you Friday, figuring it would be a slaughter this weekend.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to go out a lot but now I'm old and lazy. Usually they are real scattered the first few weekends. You might not think they are around. You just have to put on some miles. As a kid we'd walk till them cheap boots gave us blisters. Sometimes we wouldn't see crap, but then later in the year, we would see covey's of 100's in the same area. Same thing today. I just don't have the patience or the energy to put on the miles. I'll walk a bit by the fields or try to time them by the feed. Or I'll really lazy man it and watch were they land and go after em.

KJND

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were impressed with bird numbers in the mid central part of the state. Way more than we thought we would see based off hunting the same area last fall. Impressive covey sizes!

We harvested way more partridge last year in the same area, we only came across one covey of those this year.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
my kid said he saw a much larger amount of grouse while combining this fall than past years. partridge too.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw some coveys but most got up about 75 yards out in the bean fields.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75