Wyoming Region H

Deep Forks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey guys, myself and my nephew just got drawn for mule deer in the 'general' area of Region H of Wyoming. Never been out there before and looking for some input. Anybody on here have any experience in that area or have any pointers? Not looking for gps coordinates to your honey hole or the name of a basin, maybe just the name of a trail head to start out on or a small town nearby. I'll be taking a scouting trip in August and of course calling the local biologists for their opinion. Thanks in advance for any input.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't hunted there but plan to in the future. Have the points to draw Region G next year so hope to get that tag. Some huge bucks come out of H and it sounds like they had a good winter and great moisture this year so horn growth should be as good as it can be.

Are you going to camp by a road or pack in? Also, definitely bring bear spray.

Deep Forks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't hunted there but plan to in the future. Have the points to draw Region G next year so hope to get that tag. Some huge bucks come out of H and it sounds like they had a good winter and great moisture this year so horn growth should be as good as it can be.

Are you going to camp by a road or pack in? Also, definitely bring bear spray.

Gonna pack in... Wanna try to get away from as much hunting pressure as possible. Thanks for the advice for the bear spray, was wondering about that but will definitely bring some with now.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Havnt hunted that area either but have hunted a few others in Wy and getting back is the key. We have been buying points for G and should draw next year also.

Deep Forks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know Region G is harder to draw than H but we drew H this year with 0 preference points. I was kinda surprised when I saw the results, maybe we got lucky.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know Region G is harder to draw than H but we drew H this year with 0 preference points. I was kinda surprised when I saw the results, maybe we got lucky.
In Eastmans it says you can draw H with zero points but G is 3-4 points with special or 5 points without special draw.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69